2024-04-20, 11:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: slipgaters only mod?  (Read 4303 times)
MilesTeg

« on: 2005-11-26, 12:08 »

Hi

Generations is really a great mod! But I want to use UI Enhanced with it because it?s easier to setup things there. So I thought if it?s possible to make some kind of little Generations spin-off mods: one Slipgaters only mod, one Troggs only mod and one Mars only mod. This way it would be much easier to combine it with other mods and you still have the chance to expierience the good old gameplay styles in quake 3.

I really would love to have a pure slippy mod and I?m sure all quakeworld addicts would like it  Slipgate - Ownage
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #1 on: 2005-11-26, 15:29 »

Well, if it makes you happy, it is possible to start a server set for "Slipgate Only".

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-11-26, 19:55 »

Check the manual under the "server setup" section.  Read the part about "genflags".  Just use the genflags to exclude all the classes except Slipgaters and you have a Slipgate-only game.

Or, you can do it the easy way and just start a server and type from the console:

/exec rotations/slipgate_ffa.cfg
for Classic Quake style FFA

/exec rotations/slipgate_teamdm.cfg
for Classic Quake style Team Deathmatch

/exec rotations/slipgate_ctf.cfg
for Classic Quake style Capture the Flag

Please note that I goofed in the slipgate_ctf.cfg file.  You'll need to change this:

set genflags "10304"

To this:

set genflags "27"
set dmflags "10304"

Before using it.

All your "fast single class modes" have configs set up in the rotations subfolder.  Just find what style of play you want, and /exec rotations/whatever.cfg and it'll handle the setup for you.  That's the beauty of Gen.  You don't need 5 separate mods to do all this, and you have the cross-class gameplay options as well.

Regarding the UI, we're not finished with the UI in Gen so I understand some things not being easy to do.  I do plan on making some things a lot more more user friendly.  Right now there's a lot that's unfinished, so just bear with us while we work on finishing the mod.  In the mean time, try those configs out!
 Slipgate - Wink

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
MilesTeg

« Reply #3 on: 2005-11-28, 01:56 »

Quote from: Phoenix

Regarding the UI, we're not finished with the UI in Gen so I understand some things not being easy to do.  I do plan on making some things a lot more more user friendly.  Right now there's a lot that's unfinished, so just bear with us while we work on finishing the mod.  In the mean time, try those configs out!
 Slipgate - Wink
thx for your detailed answer! I?ve made a fresh install on my notebook and everything works flawless  Slipgate - Grin

about the UI: one of the things that?s really userunfriendly are the flags. The one who starts the server should know that "27" means "Slipgate only"? ok, it?s mentioned in the manual, but it?s still too complicated. Such things would make the mod much more comfortable.
But, as you said, you are working on this and it?s really nice to see such a great q3 mod still alive and kicking  Slipgate - Laugh

I?m curious, when will there be the next version of Generations? Will it be 1.0 ?

Anyway, keep up the good work and thx for everything you?ve already done!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2005-11-28, 02:09 »

Thanks!  1.0 is the next planned version, yes.  Right now most of the stuff is command-line driven, which can be a bit burdensome on the player.  The UI changes I want to make will include streamlining the server setup options, as well as voting options so that you just have to use the interface and, like you said, select "Slipgate Only", etc.  Once our underlying code is pretty much how I want it I'll see about planning out better functionality to some parts of the UI that desperately need it.

As for when 1.0 will be released, the answer has to be "when it's done" because I honestly have no idea.  I only know it will be some time.  I'm definitely making progress with the code though, and Tabun's got some spiffy animations for two of our Generations of combatants already.  It may take a long time to finish, but as long as nothing catastrophic happens to prevent it, I plan to see this mod through to completion.  Just keep an eye on our .plan pages for info on progress, and be sure to drop by the servers for a game any time!

OoPpEe

Spectre

« Reply #5 on: 2005-11-28, 20:02 »

Question about 1.0, do you plan to incorperate the orig. weapon damage option?
Like if a server has "Slipgate only" enabled, they can also have the Slipgate damage returned.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2005-11-28, 22:40 »

Just use it in conjunction with the "oldschool mode" option, which will be present in 1.0.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: