2024-04-25, 20:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why isn't anyone playing Generations?  (Read 8007 times)
Jaq

Shambler

« on: 2003-07-10, 23:44 »

I just don't get it.  Ever since the european server went down there is absolutley nothing going on.

Generations homepage hasn't been updated for a month.
There is nothing going on on the forums.
There is nobody to play with on the GenArena server.

I know there is a US server - RoadHouse but playing with bots is just not the same.

I hope this will all change when 99c will be released. When it does, be sure to let the whole world now  how good Generations is.  Lot's of people have no idea that such mod even exists,
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-07-11, 07:59 »

As do I.  Right now I think a lot of people are busy with other things.  I'm working on the mod, and so is Tabun, Con's computer fried, hence the lack of news updates, Ward and Dicion have been busy with server maintenence and tweaks, and a lot of our regulars are just away for now.  The fourth of July weekend is usually the start of vacation time for a lot of people too.  Things will pick up again soom I'm sure.  Cheer up!  We're far from dead.  I think this is just the calm before the storm.  I fully intend on working myself into the ground if needed to get 99c done for QuakeCon, and without any unforgiveable bugs making their way in as well.  99c will improve the game vastly over 99b.  We have a lot of good things in store! Slipgate - Smile

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2003-07-11, 08:38 »

It's summer, slowdowns happen. That's one reason.
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #3 on: 2003-07-11, 10:58 »

I play in the forum games every now and then depending on my schedule. I too, though, have wondered why the forums just kind of died... lol. They were going going going BAM.. just stopped, heh.

Anyway... how's those Slippy models coming Tab? Slipgate - Laugh I'm eagerly waiting to see them. HeadBanging

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #4 on: 2003-07-11, 23:26 »

i havent played cuz my pc has been..crappy lately. it freezes when i play sounds or try playing games. its been doin that ever since i got my new video card. i tried reformatting..BUT..my retard pc didnt detect the brand of blank cds i bought. it only seems to like fujifilm disks..pos..sorrie for the rant! lol. hopefully i can play gen as much as i used to (everyday)
ROADKILL

Spectre

« Reply #5 on: 2003-07-12, 02:56 »

you can stop by roadhouse any night,
bring your friends.
voting is always on and if the bots are on just vote
them off(they can't vote no LOL)
i'm around the computer most nights and if i see someone
on i jump in if i have time.
I can't do any marathon gaming my arthritis slows me
down quite a bit.
still love to play and map.
 B)
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #6 on: 2003-07-12, 12:59 »

Reasons for me not being there:

1) My video card fried
2) Server Tweakage, as pho said
3) The current mad rush to get things done before Qcon... Slipgate - Smile
finite

« Reply #7 on: 2003-07-12, 18:50 »

I don't play as there aren't any servers in my country or even remotely close to it. Slipgate - Wink
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #8 on: 2003-07-12, 19:56 »

Well guys, I'm just anxious. Let's just hope things will change after QuakeCon.

I sometimes play on RoadHouse but sometimes it's a bit hard with ping aorund 230. Anyway, I'll be away for about 3 weeks and I hope I will be able to play 99c when I come back.

P.S.
Lol... now that's weird. My ports have just been scanned by... tu tu tu... 81.18.162.40  (european Generations server). How the hell did that happened?
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #9 on: 2003-07-12, 22:05 »

Quote from: Jaq
P.S.
Lol... now that's weird. My ports have just been scanned by... tu tu tu... 81.18.162.40  (european Generations server). How the hell did that happened?
did you try to connect to the gen server? or the IRC server?

We have an active proxy scanner, for security purposes Slipgate - Smile Dont mind any proxy scans from pluto.. Slipgate - Smile
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #10 on: 2003-07-12, 23:33 »

Well, I remembered that I was running the all Seeing Eye and my firewall doesn't like when I refresh Q3 servers,  even though I have given full right for the Eye to acces the internet. Well, nevermind.

Once again me and Ashen showed up at 10 p.m. for the Saturday game and guess what? Nobody showed up.

Oh, I've noticed a little change in maplist. Thanks.
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #11 on: 2003-07-15, 00:01 »

Well I know I'm not much of a forum goer but I am a great fan of Generations and I have been trying to attend the forum games.  It's just that the last Saturday I had a friend sleep over and the Saturday before, I believe, people were mostly playing on that server that was temporarily hosting Gen.  I would have played on it but it required Punkbuster and I absolutely abhore PB for Q3 because of the many problems it's caused me with LAN play.  (I'm mainly a LAN gamer. Slipgate - Tongue)  Hence why I don't have it in installed.  Also, the next couple of weeks will be kind of bad for me because I'm going to Arizona to procure an apartment so I can reasonably attend my college, (I live in Florida,) and I also have to move my shite into the apartment shortly after.  The good end result of this is that I will finally get rid of the POS ISP known as AOL that I've dealt with and loathed for 8 long years and will finally be moving up in the world to a broadband connection.  Of course all this information is rather trivial to you but what's important is that I will try my hardest to have a permanent dedicated server up for Gen once I move.  I'm not promising anything but at the very least I will have a temporary, dedicated one that will be up at least one day out of the week.

Er... I must also admit that much of my free time has been spent perusing through the stuff released for Q1 during the 2003 Q Expo as well as the plethora of mods that have been released for UT 2003 lately because of the Make Something Unreal Contest.  All of my attention will be diverted however, once Gen v.99c is released.  Keep up the great work!  Slipgate - Laugh
« Last Edit: 2003-07-15, 00:05 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: