2024-03-29, 12:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Sins! (They're out!)  (Read 5173 times)
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« on: 2006-04-13, 20:20 »

It seems that the Christian Church stated that there are new sins, mostly related to the mass media. Now if you watch TV or surf the Internet more than a n? of hours given by the Church, that will be considered a sin. Although I have no site to post, I heard this on the TV ( :X ) and I found this a bit silly and not. After all, some content goes against the Bible.

Ah well, oppinions, oppinions?

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-13, 21:01 »

Actually it would be an old sin, that being of sloth (couch potatoes are lazy).  Nothing new, just that Catholicism (if this is what we're talking about here) in addition to the bible has the Catechism, which is basically "church law".  New rules can be added to the catechism, and often are, they cannot be added to the bible.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-13, 23:58 »

Ooh so what if you are able to surf the net while exercizing? Isn't it kinda hard to be slothful while walking on a treadmill?

Anyway nice to know i'm going to hell that much faster. Thumbs up!
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-15, 16:28 »

I didnt know the christian chruch had become a single organization that had the ability to pass laws affecting all 2 billion of its members. When did this "one church" come about?
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #4 on: 2006-04-18, 17:50 »

I hate this kind of shit. Man does not determine who is righteous or not, who is guilty of sin, and what are sins.
Like Jesus himself said, "and let the first man without sin cast the first stone."

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #5 on: 2006-04-18, 23:21 »

Quote from: Little Washu
Man does not determine who is righteous or not, who is guilty of sin, and what are sins.
I agree entirely, but it doesn't stop him having a bloody good try ...

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2006-04-19, 04:52 »

Romans 3:10-28:
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.  Their throat [is] an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps [is] under their lips:  Whose mouth [is] full of cursing and bitterness:  Their feet [are] swift to shed blood:  Destruction and misery [are] in their ways:  And the way of peace have they not known:  There is no fear of God before their eyes.  Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin.

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;  Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;  Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:  Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;  To declare, [I say], at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.  Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: