2024-03-28, 18:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fixing Global Warming... (With Pollution?)  (Read 5461 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2006-07-28, 04:58 »

Crutzen suggests carrying sulfur into the atmosphere via balloons and using artillery guns to release it, where the particles would stay for up to two years. The results could be seen in six months.
http://www.livescience.com/environment/060...ect_sulfur.html

Ok, how about this for an insane proposal.  Let's let that WWIII situation play out.  There will be plenty of artillery thrown around, and sulfur released through that and through rocket exhaust to not need any baloons.  Also, depopulating the earth of at least 1/2 of all human life will reduce the amount of fossil fuels used and thereby reduce any human cause of global warming.  Sure, there would be a temporary rise in temperature with all those nukes going off, but with a nice nuclear winter and lots of radioactive fallout, I guarantee it will be the end to mankind's worries about global warming.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #1 on: 2006-07-28, 07:26 »

I like the way you think, Phoenix. Let's do it!

In all seriousness, this is the "bandaid-on-broken-arm" solution. Assuming Crutzen's idea worked as planned, it wouldn't solve the problem at all. It may cool the earth temporarily, but all of those greenhouse gasses are still going to be there. As soon as the sulfur particles are moved, it all starts over again, with even more greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere because nothing has been done to the source.

As a friend of mine would say: FORESIGHT, DAMNIT! FORESIGHT!

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #2 on: 2006-07-28, 10:34 »

Not the end of the world, just the end of the human race. our time will come, then it'll be the turn of the insects, but then, they already outnumber us by a long way, so maybe its thier turn at the moment, and we're just 'pushing in'.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2006-07-28, 18:21 »

Nah.  Dinosaurs will rise again and take over the earth.  Mankind doesn't stand a chance.  Slipgate - Smirk

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #4 on: 2006-07-29, 22:44 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Nah.  Dinosaurs will rise again and take over the earth.  Mankind doesn't stand a chance.  Slipgate - Smirk
Mankind doesn't stand a chance with or without dinosaurs.. sorry for being cynical.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Sucutrule

Tank Commander

KETEZEIT PEW PEW

« Reply #5 on: 2006-07-30, 01:12 »

But hey,maybe its a ring!Some time ago a black ball was found in Ucrania,the miner that found it,gave it to his son knowing no use for the ball.The kid taked the ball to the school thinking it was a toy,then a teacher told him that it wasn't a ball,and he shouldn't be playing with it.He took ot to a museum,there they make a research,finded something amazing:
THE BALL HAD NEGATIVE DENSITY
If someone remembers his school days,density is the volume divided by the mass.Knowing this, the ball can't exist since the volume is the space occupied by an object.
They also determinated it was OLDER THAN THE HUMAN RACE.
It smells like a bomb that didn't detonated so maybe there was a civilization before us,they fought in a war,died and some bombs didn't blew.A bit  Slipgate - Off Topic  but still makes sence.
« Last Edit: 2006-07-30, 01:14 by Sucutrule » Logged

How I am supposed to type will all this cheese laying around?
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #6 on: 2006-07-30, 13:17 »

Maybe WWIII isn't such a bad thing after all Slipgate - Tongue

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: