2024-03-29, 15:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Central Server Temporarily Down  (Read 6996 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2007-11-03, 19:55 »

The Generations Arena US server is temporarily down due to site maintenence.  In the mean time, the European Generations server is available for gaming:

GenArena FFA Euro 0.99f 80.79.36.5:27960

I would invite everyone to get their fragging on Euro-style until the Central server is back online.
  Doom - Thumbs Up!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2007-11-04, 05:16 »

We had a small but fun European game today.  GGz to all who attended.  To those who missed it, better luck next time!

While the US Central server is down, I'll be hosting an FFA server.  It's nowhere near the connection quality for the Central server, and right now my connection quality isn't as good as I'd like, but it's there for the short term anyway.  I've loaded a few bots up so have at it.

fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #2 on: 2007-11-10, 00:03 »

1.0 isn't out, right?  Just looking in ASE, it says it's running generations 1.0, not the quake3 exe.  Is the new exe backwards compatible with .99f?
Dr Sean

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: 2007-11-10, 00:53 »

I've never played with you guys, i've just played lan here at my house, and now that it's Deer, Dove, and Duck season, I don't think i'll have any free Saterdays, well, untill seasons over, and then i'll still go hog hunting (I live in Texas Doom - Thumbs Up!)... Well, games are at 10 on saterdays right? I'll try to make one... sometime.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2007-11-10, 12:48 »

fourier: I thought that might cause some confusion.  No, the game version is 0.99f.  What you're seeing is the version of the executable program.  The server is being run with Generations.exe (as yet unreleased), not Quake3.exe.  The reason I'm not using the old Quake3.exe is that there's a bug with Quake3 that causes servers to misbehave after about 24 hours which I've since fixed in the new executable.  This way I don't have to run a script to restart the server every day.  You should have no trouble connecting with .99f using Quake3.exe.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: