2024-03-28, 20:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bin Laden Message Against Europe?  (Read 5684 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2008-03-20, 02:24 »

Not content with flying airplanes into buildings in the US, apparently Bin Laden is ranting against Europe over... well I hope you're all sitting down.

DUBAI (Reuters) - Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden threatened the European Union with grave punishment on Wednesday over cartoons of Islam's Prophet Mohammad...

...Bin Laden said the publication of the cartoons was a graver offence than the "bombing of modest villages that collapsed over our women children", in reference to U.S.-led invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan with European participation. "This is the bigger catastrophe ... for which the punishment is graver."

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews...eedName=worldNews&rpc=22&sp=true

And apparently... the Pope is somehow to blame?  Funny, I didn't think he was a cartoonist.   
Either way, it appears publishing a cartoon critical of the use of suicide bombers is worse than killing women and children.  Oh wait, that's right.  They strap bombs to them anyway, silly me for forgetting.  Well there you have it, Europe.  Be prepared for people dying because of extremist hatred against... cartoons.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #1 on: 2008-03-20, 03:20 »

Why the spork isn't he dead yet? Even if the sporktard in charge of the country says he isn't important someone else, namely a country not obsessed with stupid crap like pop sluts and idiots trying to ban gay marriage should have done out job for us.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2008-03-20, 03:50 »

They came very, very close to nailing him in Tora Bora, as in, they damn near had an airstrike on his head but he managed to slip out right before the airstrike commenced.  They did kill 3000 of his followers in the attack.  The embedded CIA field intelligence agent on the ground at the time is the one who's stated this.  He had a direct radio intercept of Bin Laden's communications, and the Ops team he was with called it in.  That's not classified either, it's been out in the public for at least two years.  Right now the problem is that he's in Pakistan and the local tribesmen are sympathetic to him - enough that they'd pass up a $50 million reward - and Musharif's regime is teetering on collapse due to pressure from radicals on one side and reformists on the other.  Pakistan has nukes, so just rolling across the border and taking what the US wants is not a good thing to do because right now Musharif is the only thing keeping those nukes out of the hands of people like Bin Laden.  Add to that the fact that the US isn't in a good position to go invading more countries.  If you think the war in Iraq isn't popular, that would fly over like a lead balloon.  The only way they'll get him is if someone in Pakistan decides to turn him in, or if he comes out of hiding and gets caught.  I think his health will probably fail first at the rate this is going.

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2008-03-20, 08:38 »

Well to start a "war" over a cartoon or some other picture is just really stupid and lack of intelligence.
These extreme muslims should be dealt with so the rest of the world could get some peace.
Id say more but that whouldnt be suitable on these forums.

However i wish someone whould capture simsalabin aka bin laden.
Genialus

Shambler

« Reply #4 on: 2008-04-13, 19:24 »

Well, here's to bin laden's, hopefully soonish, failing health.  Slipgate - Ninja
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #5 on: 2008-04-14, 15:06 »

We'll see. Waiting for him to die sounds like a pain to me, though. Hey, America, don't you guys have some kind of Covert Ops team capable of dealing a lethal blow to the guy? Can't you just throw a guided missile all the way to his hideout? I'm sure you know where he is by now.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2008-04-14, 15:33 »

Those mountains in Pakistan are riddled with caves and hiding places, and with a high profile target like Bin Laden, they want a confirmed kill, not just an explosion and a "we think we got him".  Nothing short of his face plastered all over CNN with "WE GOT HIM!" as the headline will do.  I know it seems like they should be able to get him easily enough, but remember how long Saddam evaded them when he was in the same country.  Bin Laden is being helped by people who have little to not contact with the outside world other than seeing him as a hero against the "Great Satan" across the sea.

The US military is powerful, but not omniscient, and since 1990 or so the CIA and other intelligence agencies got away from human intelligence and focused on signals intelligence.  It's easier to eavesdrop on microwaves and internet lines than someone riding a donkey in the hills passing notes with pigeons, and a lot easier to see submarines and aircraft carriers with satellites.  Sure you can read a licence plate from orbit, but you have to find it first, and that's a lot of ground to cover.  It's much easier to spy on a big country that has big toys and opportunities for lax security or, by superior technology, stay out of their reach while you do so.  Having an inside man is really the only way to go if you want concrete information.  It's hard, it's risky, and it's a dirty business.  The Chinese understand this and for some reason the US spooks seem to have forgotten how to play the game.

Then there's the other side of the game, which conspiracy theory fans love, and that's the notion that the US doesn't really want to catch Bin Laden for one of two reasons.  The first is that it's convenient to keep a bad guy around you can dig up later, a bogeyman to scare the populace with.  The second idea is that Bin Laden actually works for the US government and that 9/11 was planned as part of a mass conspiracy or that Bin Laden wasn't even involved and was just a convenient scapegoat.  I leave that all for your own discernment, I'm not in the game of speculation when it comes to back door politics and above black organizations.  I've found that more often than not the truth is stranger than both the official line and the wildest conspiracy ideas, and often plainer as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: