2024-04-24, 21:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there "air-steer" in this mod?  (Read 4582 times)
trickdaddy1319

Unnamed Player

« on: 2008-04-12, 05:28 »

Does this mod have "air-steer" enabled?  That means you can move yourself and change directions somewhat in mid-air.  This is especially useful for hook-hopping around the map using the offhand grapple and being able to navigate around turns while moving really fast.  Quake 3 did not have air-steer except for space maps where gravity was low.  I'm an old Quake 2 lithium player so the physics of that game are what I am looking for desperately.  I would be willing to host a dedicated server for this mod if it is an upgrade of Q2 lithium =)
trickdaddy1319

Unnamed Player

« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-12, 08:12 »

ok, i just got into the game and i noticed there is air steer, just not enough of it.  correct me if i am wrong.  Also, i went to phoenix's server, and the hook was disabled! 

Are the weapon settings configurable, like rocket speed?
Is there an option to see a red laser hook? 

As it is now, the hook is too hard to see.  If the air steer could be controlled and rockets adjusted, this would be perfect =)

Thanks in advance.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-12, 09:49 »

Generations Arena mod is built on the original games player movment, speed, air-control, weapon speeds and so on, it's job is not to emulate a mod that existed to quake2.
However there are things called dmflags which indeed can make generations to play abit like those mods, im no expert on these dmflags but i suppose Phoenix can give a better answear there.

Thought to my knowledge there aint a way to specify rocket speed.

In Generations v 1.0 there will be new hooks and they will behave like in the original games except doom/earth since they didnt have any hooks but instead they have got their own unique hooks.
Once v 1.0 is out you will see what i me an Slipgate - Wink

Anyways since you want air-control tried the slipgate class?

A final word: As i said before this is not an "upgraded" lithium mod but a uniqe mod that allows you to choose your favorite class in the ID games, and fight other classes that were in ID's classic games.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2008-04-12, 12:16 »

Right now in .99f the offhand hook is somewhat broken.  The grapple works but the cable does not render, which was an oversight of mine in final bugtesting prior to release.  The version in the works has a fully configurable lithium-style offhand "laser" hook as an option, as well as the new weapon-based hooks designed for a more classic style of CTF play.

As for air steering, Lithium Q2 used Quakeworld-style physics, which are different from Quake 2 physics.  Our goal is not to emulate Quakeworld physics except for the Slipgaters class.  The primary goal of Generations is to put one class of player against another with weapons and items as close to the original games as possible within the Quake 3 universe.  Changing things like rocket speed, etc, is not a design goal at present.

That being said, if you want to enable offhand hook in .99f, all that needs doing is to change the dmflags to include 16384.  To have powerups drop from players (normal setting) and offhand grapple, you'd use dmflags 16448.  You can /callvote dmflags 16448 on my server to enable offhand grapple, though bots will never grapple so bringing a few extra live players is recommended.
  Doom - Thumbs Up!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: