2024-03-29, 13:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Euro is now running 99c  (Read 12198 times)
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #20 on: 2003-08-31, 17:59 »

jaq: well you get used to lag and you learn to aim a bit before the guy aka leading shots. tho when somebody strafes and uses the doom class i do have probs hitting Slipgate - Laugh
hehe well Arno you are just a bit rusty Slipgate - Smile
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #21 on: 2003-09-01, 07:03 »

Well, I'm glad the Euro game went well.  The US game had none of the usual regulars show up, so that was a tad disappointing.  We did have a special treat though, l4mby joined in, along with LooF, Ryujien (I know I spelled that wrong), and a guy named Wulfi dropped in for a round.  Everyone had fun, so you irregular regulars missed a very good game!

Personally I love Iron Yard and H2SO4.  Those are two of my favorite maps in the new pack.  Maybe they're not old-school, but I like them anyway.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Arno

Cacodemon

« Reply #22 on: 2003-09-01, 07:58 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Personally I love Iron Yard and H2SO4.  Those are two of my favorite maps in the new pack.  Maybe they're not old-school, but I like them anyway.
It's a matter of personal taste. What I don't like about H2SO4 is the lack of tight corridors. Sometimes I want to run away from a battle when I'm low on health, but the hallways in H2SO4 are large and without any obstacles so there's nowhere to hide.

Iron Yard looks graphically nice, but it all looks the same. A little variation in the texture theme could have made it easier to navigate.

What I like about House of C'thon and The Entryway is, apart from nostalgia value, the tight corridors, close combat and non-stop action. But that's all personal taste of course.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #23 on: 2003-09-01, 08:14 »

Iron Yard and H2SO4 both suit my playstyle very very well as Earth. I can dual gat large crowds, snipe people far away, and lob mortars at weird angles. I can also get a VERY high-speed BACKWARDS strafe jump going, due to the wide corridors, enough to get the distance needed to kill charging Doomers.

I just gotta watch out for slippy's rockets.

But so does everyone else. Slipgate - Wink
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #24 on: 2003-09-01, 16:46 »

The edge...

The edge...

and uhm...

the edge... Slipgate - Smile

Best DM map ever, and I can almost beat Con at it Slipgate - Smile

Then again, i am a slippy player, and any map with 2 easily-gotten rocket launchers, and plenty of rocket ammo is a slipgate heaven Slipgate - Smile

Vesperas is also good if you can get a RL and make it to the Invul/Rocket ammo room...

my god... if you make it there, and get the invul AND all the rocket ammo.... talk about killing spree..
« Last Edit: 2003-09-01, 16:47 by Dicion » Logged
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #25 on: 2003-09-01, 23:06 »

Whenever I find Invul on Vesperas everybody is magicaly dissapearing. Nobody wants a close encounter with my boom stick Slipgate - Sad
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #26 on: 2003-09-02, 00:00 »

I always make myself scarce if someone else gets the invul.

Con's rule to winning GenArena #1: DONT DIE
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: