2024-03-28, 21:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Gen CTF Game Planned  (Read 67205 times)
Visimar

Archvile

« Reply #80 on: 2008-11-09, 17:10 »

I was in a few times earlier, one of those times being in Phoenix's server, but the only person I saw timed out as soon as I connected to aforementioned firebird's server. Afterwards I started to get tired and gave up so I could head to bed.
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #81 on: 2008-11-10, 15:05 »

Well, it's kinda hard for me to play these days, what with college making me go to bed early and whatnot. It's not easy to stay awake all the way 'till 4 in the morning, you know :P. It's a shame, really...

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #82 on: 2008-11-10, 18:06 »

To my shame and detriment, I haven't played Generations in a long time. I'm sure I'll get back to it at some point, but right now it's not happening. I'm glad to see some people are still die-hard Genners, though.. :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Nonanonymous

Dopefish

« Reply #83 on: 2008-11-11, 00:34 »

I play Gens often, offline.  But the instant shots are going off online, I'm lagging so bad that the person I was shooting at will be halfway across the map.   Slipgate - Shouting  Damn this 56K modem!
MarneGator

Cacodemon

« Reply #84 on: 2008-11-14, 18:30 »

Laptop still not in my hands.  Guess I'll be sitting this weekend out as well.  I was going to hang out IRC - the first time I would have used it! - but my dying laptop was just stolen... so I guess I'll do nothing!

-Veritas-
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #85 on: 2008-11-14, 23:21 »

I'm not sure if I'll be available or not.  I have some business to take care of tomorrow and I may or may not make it back to my nest in time to play.

Nonanonymous:  Have you checked out the FAQ?  I put some pointers in there that may help with dialup play.  Granted you'll not make too many shots with the railgun, but they should at least keep you from lagging all over the map.  That's assuming you're running at actual 56k speeds of course.  I finally got fed up with dialup after my (supposedly 56k) provider was only providing 16k.  Trying to WALK in Quake 2 caused me to phone jack, and Quake 3 was impossible.  That and not being able to get a connection 9 out of 10 calls, and getting bumped offline after an hour provided great encouragement for switching to broadband.  I understand there are some out there still stuck in dialup hell due to lack of availability, but if you can get cable or DSL I definitely recommend doing so, not just for gaming but because dialup is a tremendous time waster and headache in general.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #86 on: 2008-11-14, 23:49 »

I don't know whether I'll be there at 9pm.  I might be able to make it in earlier, but I'm not sure.
MarneGator

Cacodemon

« Reply #87 on: 2008-11-21, 23:43 »

New laptop in hand but... I don't have my Q3 disc!  Again I'll be absent  Slipgate - Sad  But at least I have a laptop again!

-Veritas-
fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #88 on: 2008-11-23, 18:08 »

I was in there last night from 9 to 10pm EST; I didn't see anyone Slipgate - Sad
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #89 on: 2008-11-24, 01:34 »

I checked the server about 11:30 PM, and saw only bots.  I could not attend any sooner as I was away from the nest on an urgent errand all of yesterday.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #90 on: 2008-12-06, 19:07 »

Barring any emergencies, I should be able to make it tonight.  Doom - Thumbs Up!

MarneGator

Cacodemon

« Reply #91 on: 2008-12-07, 01:13 »

Urgh... I REALLY need to get some proper sleep tonight; playing gen will only insure that I don't get it so I guess I'm out this weekend  Slipgate - Sad

-Veritas-
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #92 on: 2008-12-14, 00:01 »

I most likely won't be with you tonight.  I have to get an early start tomorrow to take care of some urgent matters, and I have much to do tonight that will preclude my involvement in a game.

fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #93 on: 2008-12-14, 05:51 »

Server is moving.  It will be up well before next saturday.  I just have to upload the files (gen is a heavy weight, and host to host transfers seem to corrupt more often).
fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #94 on: 2008-12-17, 02:13 »

I put it up yesterday.
115.124.100.62:27960

Some information: We moved because ET seems to have some pretty obvious hit detection problems (at least in unlagged based mods, I really don't play lagged mods enough to be able to differentiate between a miss and odd hit detection).  The new server occasionally has lag spikes (we had it before, and we didn't have them).  It's not a big deal, and we (the few of us who got the box) decided we'd rather deal with occasional lag spikes than constant troubles from ET.

We decided on a central US location, Chicago, for the other server.  Since they are all on the same box, this means the UK/Europe players will probably have +20 ping over the old one Slipgate - Sad
MarneGator

Cacodemon

« Reply #95 on: 2009-01-04, 03:16 »

First time online since the holiday vacation and... whoa!  Hopefully this was just a nasty night for me because otherwise I won't really be around on the new server  Slipgate - Sad  Everyone that's seen me these past months knows that I have a flaky connection, but today was quite a lot worse.  I might need to run over to a friend for the Sat games!

-Veritas-
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #96 on: 2009-01-04, 08:47 »

Sorry I couldn't drop by tonight.  I've been having some hardware problems.  My primary computer is fine, but I've been having interface problems on another machine and it's making Phoenix grumpy.

Marne:  The new server has been fine for me so far.  What kind of connection problems are you having?  Maybe if we can both get on next week we can sort it out.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #97 on: 2009-01-08, 05:03 »

I will probably not be on this weekend.  I have some hardware changes to make on all my systems, and it's going to take up all my time.  The good news is I'll have a new server and my current server will be free for development use again, which will give me lower-end and higher-end hardware for testing Gen, as well as access to my Linux install.  I'll have two working development stations that I can switch between for testing, and a dedicated server running on a clean XP install.

I may also be skipping weekly games for a while to try to get in some coding time.  I'd rather develop Gen at present than play .99f.  Don't let that stop you guys from playing!

MarneGator

Cacodemon

« Reply #98 on: 2009-01-09, 15:35 »

I have something to do this weekend so I'll be skipping Gen tomorrow.  Unlike the lazy holiday season, this is a bit legit!
Pho, I dropped by on the server the other night to check and although it's slower for me than the prior server, it was playable for me this time around.  I guess last Saturday was just a fluke... or so I'm hoping!

-Veritas-
fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #99 on: 2009-01-09, 23:42 »

You had those bad lagouts on the old server before.  It could be a bad route, but I would think it was your connection flaking out.  You might have tried connecting to a few other servers and see if the problem remained; then you would know for certain whether it was that server or a bad route, or just your ISP.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: