2024-03-29, 13:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mother 3 (Earthbound 2) Translated!  (Read 5064 times)
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« on: 2008-10-19, 11:09 »

So, as some of you may or may not know, the sequel to one of the greatest games ever made, Earthbound, was never released in the States. Back in 2006, a group of dedicated fans decided to translate said sequel into English, and now, after two years in the making, it has finally been released!

Mother 3 Translation Project

To play this, you'll need a ROM file of this Game Boy Advance game and a GBA emulator. The patching is a very simple procedure, all you need to do is indicate where the ROM file is to the exe inside the zip you download from the translation website and bang, you're done.

I've only played two hours so far, and it's already kicking ass, so do yourself a favor and play this game!

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2008-10-19, 13:11 »

I really liked Earthbound, and I've been playing this for a couple of hours too (yesterday + today). So far, it's good. The only thing that has me miffed is the weird combat system (rythm combo's) -- I can't seem to get that to work for me. Otherwise, it's classic-fun.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #2 on: 2008-10-19, 17:28 »

Maybe it's just my ROM, but some of the music seems a little garbled. This is especially noticeable during the "name everyone" screens.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2008-10-19, 19:28 »

Sounds fine here, though the sound breaks up into noise at times, when the action gets too much for the emulator to handle.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #4 on: 2008-10-19, 22:32 »

Well that's a completely untapped market that nintendo could have used if they simply hired some twats to translate a fugging game...
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #5 on: 2008-10-21, 21:04 »

Finally, the western audience will learn about the past of "that blonde kid from Super Smash". And yeah, Nintendo has lost quite the opportunity here. Suits them right, I say.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: