2024-04-27, 19:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Model and Texture Theft (Knew it Would Happen Eventually)  (Read 27566 times)
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #40 on: 2003-12-11, 09:13 »

Quote from: ConfusedUs
Blood makes the grass grow. KILL KILL KILL!
o.o ok ... DW ! =P

Seriously, I'd like to hurt somebody. Lemme at 'im ! It'd do us all some good.
« Last Edit: 2003-12-11, 09:14 by l4mby » Logged
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #41 on: 2003-12-11, 15:32 »

Why don't you just forward the link on and be done with it?  Lawyers will hurt them far more than any one of you folks could.  They were warned, they disregarded.   Thumbs up!
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #42 on: 2003-12-11, 16:56 »

in the first link you can see he thefted the nailgun from TA , I think we know really have something against him  Sipgate - Evil
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #43 on: 2003-12-11, 18:06 »

Seriously, it's like they're asking to be ripped to shreds by corporate dogs. If this isn't a defiant taunt, what is it? Let them be dog food, I say.
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #44 on: 2003-12-11, 18:51 »

What really pains me is that people such as Ooppee receive undeserved credit from people who are under the impression that he actually created all that material.  I think it's wonderful that he has technical knowledge about modeling and can also skin somewhat.  I can't understand why he passes off others work as his own however.  I mean... how will that help him in the long run?  Not only can that get him into legal trouble, but what will companies think when they see that as part of his portfolio?
« Last Edit: 2003-12-11, 18:51 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #45 on: 2003-12-11, 19:35 »

I'm speachless, really. The guy went through this once already...

I also agree with the fact that it's disgusting that he passes it off as his own with no credit given at all. And I'd assume it would hurt him more than anything if they see that in his portfolio.

Everything from Gen to Q3 to Q3F to AvP2 can be seen at those links... it's sad really.

Think that's all I'll say on the issue.. arguing isn't me.

EDIT: Sorry.. just noticed the credits area on the second link that was posted. It really does go unnoticed though. I looked through that page about 4 times before noticing it. So.. credit was given there, at least....... somewhat.
« Last Edit: 2003-12-11, 19:39 by ~SpAwN~ » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #46 on: 2003-12-11, 19:45 »

All of the player models included (can see them on the first page of player models).
Credits: Rewolf, Chaos Team, id Software, Wirehead, ]LoRE[, Brothers Grimm, Valve, Gearbox

Credit was giving, but doesnt usage have to be asked for?
ty50n

« Reply #47 on: 2003-12-12, 12:31 »

Thats exactly what I told him, and everytime I confront him about any of this all of his lackies stand up for him. Credit is only good if permission was given in the first place, and lets face it ooppee is a dishonest thief. I mean he doesnt even have the balls to talk it out strait with me and I doubt he'll comply with wirehead due to the fact that hes no longer admin of C-TFC and they were the original ones who made him remove your models... So legal action, if possible may need to be taken against him. I wouldnt post anything on c-tfc boards because I dont think they're bound to be helpful either....
ak47

« Reply #48 on: 2003-12-17, 17:08 »

Slipgate - Tongue  I'm amazed that someone managed to take a load of well-done, original work and make it look so utterly pants!!

Must have put some effort in Slipgate - Smile

Got to bear in mind that this was probably not meant maliciously in any way, and the author(s) of this work were prolly about 13 yr old. (you are, aren't you?!)

Thumbs up!  peace  Thumbs up!
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #49 on: 2003-12-17, 17:45 »

Quote from: Lilazzkicker
All of the player models included (can see them on the first page of player models).
Credits: Rewolf, Chaos Team, id Software, Wirehead, ]LoRE[, Brothers Grimm, Valve, Gearbox

Credit was giving, but doesnt usage have to be asked for?
Credit don't matter for jack (in a case like this) - just because you say where you stole it from doesn't make it unstealing ( unstealing - i like that Slipgate - Laugh ) ESP if the authors had asked you to remove it.
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #50 on: 2003-12-17, 18:24 »

Rofl, I know this already dna, you didnt answer my question, I know some authors only ask their names to be put into the credits, but usage on some items has to be asked.  It was a question of stolen goods.
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #51 on: 2003-12-17, 18:43 »

Quote from: Lilazzkicker
Rofl, I know this already dna, you didnt answer my question, I know some authors only ask their names to be put into the credits, but usage on some items has to be asked.  It was a question of stolen goods.
Yes, I answered your question exactly.
If a general permission is not given, then permission must be asked.
Woolie Wool

Tank Commander

« Reply #52 on: 2003-12-19, 04:57 »

I'm forwarding this info to Id Software. This is disgraceful. :angry:

Did I miss the board invasion? Sipgate - Evil
p24t

« Reply #53 on: 2003-12-22, 09:14 »

Lil... its like the time you stole the car from Jay Leno, and went pimping with it downtown.  Sure, you told people Jay gave it to you... (after all, it did say JayLeno on the plate) but I don't think he really cares what you tell people.

Now if he -did- give you the car, he may or may not have asked you to tell people he gave it to you.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #54 on: 2003-12-23, 01:48 »

If I may...

My legal knowledge is quite limited and my coding and modelling knowledge dwindles on nothing. But I have something to releate here.

I am a musician. I am in about.....5 bands as of now. Harry Palm Pilots, Pinko Jihad,  Edolth Neort, and two others that go unnamed. I have played many live shows in the past and played with many other bands. I will say this, other bands do not like to hear other's do covers of their songs right after they just played them minutes before. It pisses them off badly, believe me. The cover usually doesn't do the band justice at all and that is the first time I got my ass kicked.

MORAL: ASK PERMISSION FIRST OR YOU WILL GET YOUR ASS KICKED.
« Last Edit: 2003-12-23, 01:49 by DaMan McDeth 666 » Logged

Beer? I'm down.
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #55 on: 2003-12-23, 06:20 »

Wow... I thought the moral was to learn how to fight so you wouldn't get beat up so stupid mistakes like that... Or carry a gun  Slipgate - Tongue
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #56 on: 2003-12-23, 08:28 »

if you can't fight back, and carry a gun to make up for it, I'll just kick your ass all the harder..

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #57 on: 2003-12-23, 18:18 »

:offtopic

Basically if in doubt, ask.  It is better to get permission first than to try to apoligize later.  It's not just copyright, it's intellectual property rights as well.  We're legal because we DID ask first, and Id gave us the nod.  Remember the Reborn mod?  They forgot the asking part, and got shut down.  Our whole project is a tribute to Id Software and the games they've made.  That puts us on a fine balancing act, and we've done our best to make sure we err on the side of caution.  Even so, the content we've created belongs to us - Wirehead.  It's our models, it's our work that's being taken here.  Anyone up and using it without permission is engaging in theft, plain and simple.  We've granted no broad license for people to just base whatever they want off of what we do, so all rights are reserved to Wirehead Studios regarding content useage.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Rubilacxe

Shambler

« Reply #58 on: 2004-01-15, 14:16 »

I hate to bring this back up to the top...this is almost a month old topic.  But I'm curious if this got taken care of an settled out? Slipgate - Smile

-JL
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #59 on: 2004-01-15, 16:16 »

All you have to do is click on the links... to see that no models have been taken down.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: