2024-03-28, 11:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UT2004 registry issues?  (Read 4017 times)
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« on: 2008-12-28, 10:07 »

I seem to be having problems with unreal tournament 04, mostly that it has fairly bad vid lag on a fresh install, on settings that used to work almost perfectly smooth.
Also whenever I go to install it the version number comes up as 3186 instead of 1 or whatever the normal edition would be... I believe (though I wouldn't be surprised I'm wrong) that both issues could be fixed through the registry

I've tried using CCleaner to fix this but is there some way to clear it up without manually going through everything labeled as "Unreal" or "UT2004" and deleting it all?
Arnie

Shambler

« Reply #1 on: 2008-12-29, 18:28 »

Try System Restore or i think, if you go to add/remove programs, UT2004 gives you the option of repairing the installation

Will everybody stop getting shot.......
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #2 on: 2008-12-29, 22:16 »

Hmm... nope, system restore is pretty much worthless, I've never gotten it to do anything, and there's no "repair installation" option for ut04, just uninstall...
Arnie

Shambler

« Reply #3 on: 2008-12-31, 13:38 »

Hmm... nope, system restore is pretty much worthless, I've never gotten it to do anything, and there's no "repair installation" option for ut04, just uninstall...

Hmmm, worthless!, i can`t agree there it`s got me out of a few scrapes. Anyway looks like the only option is a uninstall followed by a reinstall. I must add that i have never had a problem like yours with UT2004 but hey every comp is different right ??.

Hope you get it sorted mate `cause UT2004 is a great game, well worth the it......

Will everybody stop getting shot.......
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: