2024-04-18, 08:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keyboard == Slave Labor  (Read 4857 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2009-02-11, 19:24 »

I just read this article.  If you think your job is bad, take a look at these poor souls and what they have to deal with.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5150655/your-keyboa...y-have-been-made-in-appalling-conditions

For the record, I use Keytronic keyboards.  They are higher quality, but alas, they are also made in China.  I have no idea what conditions they are made under, but I fear just about everything made in China is subject to this kind of human abuse, and what isn't made in China anymore?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Sucutrule

Tank Commander

KETEZEIT PEW PEW

« Reply #1 on: 2009-02-11, 21:24 »

Everything is made in china today is made in china (almost everything made for civilians anyway) and I already realised that people made these items under those conditions. But, as always, we can't do anything purely because it's cheaper paying 5 cents a year to make an keyboard for example than actually having to pay them a decent salary.

How I am supposed to type will all this cheese laying around?
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #2 on: 2009-02-12, 09:36 »

Oh spork human rights, these companies NEED their profits damn it!

Or at least the people in charge of  said companies need more gold toilets they can take home after being used cause they found a better looking one with jewels for use at work.
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #3 on: 2009-02-15, 14:09 »

I own a steel series keyboard which is manufactured in the Netherlands.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: