2024-03-29, 09:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Avengers assemble!  (Read 14693 times)
LunaG

Beta Tester
Baron of Hell

« on: 2010-09-21, 05:00 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBmxNHuZoQY  Doom - Love Doom - Thumbs Up!

Be a Headshot's weblog follower today~!

http://www.headshotsdnbhd.blogspot.com
Xypher
Carbon-based Homosapien with an affinity for c++

Team Member
Chton

« Reply #1 on: 2010-09-21, 16:16 »

Wow. Just. Wow.
Sorry, not a fan of OMGHAMMERBUTTONSCANTTELLWHATSGOINGON fighting games like that.

Sliders
Uptime: Yes!
Last Idle: 6 Years

http://hellbat.mine.nu
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #2 on: 2010-09-21, 18:51 »

It looks like maybe the Capcom characters will be a little more diverse than Street Fighter and Dark Stalkers this time, aye?

It doesn't look too much more over-the-top than the old version on the Dreamcast. We always had great fun with that... it really is pretty easy to keep track of what's going on when you're the one that's in control.

I must say, I'm not sure if I prefer this new art style or not. The characters don't stand apart from the background very well, and could get lost visually.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2010-09-21, 21:39 »

I have to agree with Xypher on this one.  I've never had any luck with those kinds of games.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Xypher

Team Member
Chton

« Reply #4 on: 2010-09-21, 23:23 »

Now, some Soul Calibur 4 I could get into...just as soon as they un-break Kilik...

Sliders

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #5 on: 2010-09-21, 23:41 »

I don't know... there is that new 2D Mortal Kombat coming out soon as well. Slipgate - Smile
LunaG

Beta Tester
Baron of Hell

« Reply #6 on: 2010-09-22, 04:05 »

What I like about this game is because they look like they have almost ALL of the Marvel's best inside~

For Capcom, I hope Megaman (Rockman in Japanese) will be inside too.

Yeah Capcom is more diversed this time, it even has characters from Resident Evil and Devil May Cry series.

Xypher

Team Member
Chton

« Reply #7 on: 2010-09-22, 07:07 »

Man, I don't know about you but I really didn't like the newest MK...

Sliders

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #8 on: 2010-09-22, 14:47 »

The last one was Mortal Kombat vs DC, right? I didn't play that. I thought that Armageddon tweaked the 3D mechanics to a pretty comfortable spot however. I would have never thought that 3D would work for Mortal Kombat after going there in MK4, but Deadly Alliance started a pretty good trend. Still, it'll be nice to see it go back to 2D.

If I wanted a 3D fighting game that bad, I'd hope more for a sequel to Cardinal Syn or Bloody Roar.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #9 on: 2010-09-22, 17:08 »

*ahem* DEADPOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!

Slipgate - Thumbs up!

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
LunaG

Beta Tester
Baron of Hell

« Reply #10 on: 2010-09-23, 07:38 »

The last one was Mortal Kombat vs DC, right? I didn't play that. I thought that Armageddon tweaked the 3D mechanics to a pretty comfortable spot however. I would have never thought that 3D would work for Mortal Kombat after going there in MK4, but Deadly Alliance started a pretty good trend. Still, it'll be nice to see it go back to 2D.

If I wanted a 3D fighting game that bad, I'd hope more for a sequel to Cardinal Syn or Bloody Roar.

MK VS DC... the graphic is good, but what puzzles me is how can Superman be defeated... and with bloods coming out when getting punched too...

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #11 on: 2010-09-23, 16:44 »

Maybe everyone had kryptonite laced boxing gloves on? Slipgate - Tongue
Xypher

Team Member
Chton

« Reply #12 on: 2010-09-24, 04:01 »

Just...Lex Luthor...end of good.

Sliders

Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #13 on: 2010-10-17, 22:31 »

While I could not get into the previous Marvel VS Capcom games, I am at least excited by the roster of MvC 3.  It's nice to see Capcom characters from series other than Street Fighter and Darkstalker.

Slipgate - Off Topic

I am more excited for MK9 though.  It's crazy to think that Midway went bankrupt last year yet new Hydro Thunder, NBA Jam, and Mortal Kombat games were released this year or are going to be released soon.

...but what puzzles me is how can Superman be defeated... and with bloods coming out when getting punched too...

I'm going to be a bit of a nerd and say that the story mode in MK vs DC explains that.  It's a side effect of the two realms merging into one.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #14 on: 2010-10-18, 06:40 »

I am not familiar with modern comic story arcs, but Superman's powers depend on radiation from the Earth's sun, do they not?  If he were transported to a realm where the light was different, his powers may be diminished or lost.  I've always imagined that Superman was simply protected by a self-regenerating energy field that permeates his body and gives him his super strength.  Reduce the amount of a specific radiation that his body converts into that field, and the field loses strength and regenerates slower.  He could then be damaged if the amount and type of force applied to the field exceeded the ability of the field to resist it.  Without that field he's only a humanoid alien.  That's why Kryptonite affects him.  It emits radiation that disrupts the energy field.

fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #15 on: 2010-10-20, 01:38 »

Or... green is his least favorite color for strangely shaped meteorites, and it breaks some unconscious concentration Slipgate - Smile
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #16 on: 2010-10-20, 02:23 »

Doesn't Lois Lane have that effect on him too?

LunaG

Beta Tester
Baron of Hell

« Reply #17 on: 2010-10-20, 03:43 »

I am not familiar with modern comic story arcs, but Superman's powers depend on radiation from the Earth's sun, do they not?  If he were transported to a realm where the light was different, his powers may be diminished or lost.  I've always imagined that Superman was simply protected by a self-regenerating energy field that permeates his body and gives him his super strength.  Reduce the amount of a specific radiation that his body converts into that field, and the field loses strength and regenerates slower.  He could then be damaged if the amount and type of force applied to the field exceeded the ability of the field to resist it.  Without that field he's only a humanoid alien.  That's why Kryptonite affects him.  It emits radiation that disrupts the energy field.

Yes its true, without the sun / sun light, he will become weak and even die.

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #18 on: 2010-10-20, 09:59 »

To be more specific, it's yellow sunlight that he requires. He's pretty much reduced to a normal human when under the effects of a red sun.. like the Kryptonians before the planet exploded. So yea.. Phoenix is correct in that regard.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
MarneGator

Cacodemon

« Reply #19 on: 2010-10-21, 00:25 »

As a huge fan of the previous MvC games, I can't believe I didn't know about this until now.  Granted, I haven't been following most of this stuff for some time now, but MvC was one of those games that I (tried) to keep an eye out for in case of new developments.  That aside, I just wish everything was still hand-drawn.  If this thing looked like Guilty Gear, I would buy a PS3 / 360 right now in anticipation of its release.

-Veritas-
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: