2024-03-28, 14:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Id Super Pack on Sale (Steam)  (Read 6654 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2011-07-01, 13:17 »

The Id Super Pack is on sale on Steam right now.  If you've missed out on any of Id's games over the years, lost any disks, or just want to send Id some of your money, you can get it at a substantial discount.  It's currently $29.99, with savings of $100.  You get the following games:

Commander Keen
Doom 3
Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil
Doom II
Final Doom
Heretic:  Shadow of the Serpent Riders
Hexen II
Hexen:  Beyond Heretic
Hexen:  Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
Master Levels for DOom II
Quake
Quake II
Quake II Mission Pack:  Ground Zero
Quake II Mission Pack:  The Reckoning
Quake III Arena
Quake III:  Team Arena
Quake Mission Pack 1:  Scourge of Armagon
Quake Mission Pack 2:  Dissolution of Eternity
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Spear of Destiny
The Ultimate Doom
Wolfenstein 3D

I'm not sure how long this sale is going on, so if you're missing some games or mission packs, grab it while you can.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #1 on: 2011-07-04, 04:22 »

The Id Super Pack is one of a handful of "features packs" on sale through July 10th. It would be very much worth everyone's time (and coin) to add this and/or the Valve pack to their collections... if they can be afforded, of course.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-04, 15:22 »

I think the sale is going on until the 10th. I already own them all though! Slipgate - Tongue

It's a shame it didn't include some of the "Id produced, Raven made" titles to round of the series with. Quake IV was alright and I rather enjoyed Wolfenstein 2009.
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #3 on: 2011-07-07, 01:13 »

About all that I don't have in one form or another would be Commander Keen, Quake Mission pack 1, and most of the wolfenstein games.

I don't really think it'd be worth it to me but I may reconsider.
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #4 on: 2011-07-07, 03:39 »

I'm pretty sure that the individual games are discounted as well. It may be worth checking out if you want to pick up a few of the stray titles.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2011-07-07, 09:17 »

Yes, the individual games are discounted.  Sorry, forgot to mention that.  Doom - Exclamation

fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #6 on: 2011-07-08, 19:13 »

Speaking of these classics, does anyone know if there's a modded binary for Wolf3d that allows you to have dedicated strafe buttons?  I tried playing it again (it's been about 15 years I think Slipgate - Smile), and the strafe modifier stuff was a pain.
fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #7 on: 2011-07-09, 07:52 »

Did a little browsing just now, and there's a mod which should be able to accomplish this for ZDoom:
http://www.afadoomer.com/wolf3d/default.php

Answered my own question Slipgate - Smile
FistMarine

« Reply #8 on: 2011-07-09, 09:03 »

Cool, a Wolfenstein 3D TC for ZDoom. I played this a few days ago. Slipgate - Wink
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2011-07-09, 09:12 »

Ooh, I like.  I'll check this out.  Doom - Thumbs Up!

fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #10 on: 2011-07-10, 00:08 »

I played through the first 3 episodes.  I noticed it has glitches when you have a double-secret (two secret walls right next to each other) it shows the void when you lift one, but you cannot lift the next unless you have access to it from a side which wasn't touching the other secret wall.  I think it was the second episode's secret stage where I couldn't get a bunch of the secret because I couldn't open the second secret walls.

I'm sure that makes very little sense, so let's see if google can find a map.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/564603-wolfenstein-3d/faqs/40066

Floor 10 is the secret level, and the green blocks are secret walls.  In the instances where there are two secret walls together, the void shows up on the adjoining side when you raise the first one, and you cannot raise the second.

The only other glitch I've noticed is that the sound cuts out.  You can restart the sound from the menu, though (and I'm sure through the console as well).

Other than those things, it works well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: