2024-03-28, 23:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arenas on Kickstarter - Support the Project  (Read 7676 times)
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« on: 2011-09-23, 01:52 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9MnZLn8ccg&feature=channel_video_title
like title says I'm looking forward to the next season of arenas, and hopefully the fans will fork over there money, im willing to do so; all in all lets just hope it gets done Slipgate - Thumbs up!

(be sure to check out my updated list for skyrim Doom - Thumbs Up!)
« Last Edit: 2011-09-23, 03:48 by J3E125 » Logged

J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #1 on: 2011-09-23, 01:58 »

Also I love the new additions Doom - Thumbs Up!

J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #2 on: 2011-09-23, 22:29 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjj-m3yuo70&NR=1
Arenas Preview: Broken Bridge (if you haven't seen it Slipgate - Thumbs up!)

Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #3 on: 2011-09-24, 11:52 »

Damn I wish I had more patience to "play" with graphic and some spare to give them.  Banging Head against Wall
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #4 on: 2011-09-24, 20:45 »

Hmmm. Banging Head against Wall Firing the BFG

J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #5 on: 2011-10-20, 23:54 »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tritinfilms/arenas-the-rebellion?ref=live
12 Hours left  Slipgate - Sad
May god have mercy on the show  Hail

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2011-10-21, 17:50 »

Well poo.  Says they only reached $725.  Does this mean the project is doomed?  Doom - Exclamation

Edit:  I sent an email to Pappy-R at Planetquake.  Maybe they can help drum up some support.  I'll see if some of my old contacts might be able to twist some arms and perhaps some bank accounts as well.  If only I were a wealthy bird this project would be funded already  Slipgate - Sad
« Last Edit: 2011-10-21, 17:56 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #7 on: 2011-10-21, 22:39 »

I'm very very surprised id has not known the show yet, say phoenix, can't you contact id...... Slipgate - Disappointed

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #8 on: 2011-10-21, 23:26 »

Certainly there is already a fine line being walked from a copyright stance. Sure it's a fan project, but fair-use doesn't seem to mean as much nowadays as it once did. Getting Id involved could ultimately have a negative effect if any at all.

That said, the team seems to indicate that they will continue on with the project regardless of money. It just may take a lot longer. I gave what I could, which admittedly isn't much, but I hope it helps nonetheless. I had some issues with the first season, but it was a wonderful product overall.

In hindsight, it would have been neat to see them work with Wirehead on the plot. I can't seem to find the link, but I recall Gen having a pretty lengthy back story posted at one point.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2011-10-23, 02:30 »

Actually I spoke with LeeMon just yesterday.  He hadn't seen Arenas Episodes.  First thing he thought when he saw it was "lawsuit", as in, Id not approving.  However, he saw that this is Tritin doing the work, and he noted to me that if Tritin had seen his script first, which was giving backstories to the various characters like Doom and Sarge, etc, they would have used his script instead of doing Bastille.  As far as Tritin walking a fine line legally with this, it's fully possible that Joe has gotten approval from Id in the same way we did for Gen Arena.  They've been doing Quake films for some time and if Id had a problem with their work they probably would have heard about it by now.  Arenas:  Episodes does appear to be loosely based on this concept, focusing around Doomguy as the lead character.  The whole concept of the various warriors, namely Sarge, Doom, Ranger, Grunt, and Visor being involved in a revolt against the Vadrigar is the Generations Arena storyline, so what Tritin is doing by using the major iconic characters is very Gen-ish, sans the involvement of the classic weapons, which is more important for gameplay than storytelling.  Joe Goss is the only one that could say for sure if they're spinning this from Lee's script or not, but it certainly does look inspired, if not directly, then by the same sentiment we had when Generations was first conceptualized. 

As for Gen, there's two stories that I remember.  One is what is in the manual, explaining how the factions developed.  The second was a kind of patchwork adventure that was being written by everyone on the site piece at a time.  That long patchwork adventure I think was lost during a changeover from one message board system to another, or when Warden was transferring hosts at one point.  We had some pretty severe software changes going on and unfortunately some stuff got lost.  I'd have to dig through my files sometime and see if I have any kind of archive of that, but it may be gone for good.

J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #10 on: 2011-10-23, 02:34 »

If i remember.....
A guy by the name of wreck talked about his show here, i'm not sure... i think some of his story was gen related..... Slipgate - Confused

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #11 on: 2011-10-23, 07:09 »

As for Gen, there's two stories that I remember.  One is what is in the manual, explaining how the factions developed.  The second was a kind of patchwork adventure that was being written by everyone on the site piece at a time.  That long patchwork adventure I think was lost during a changeover from one message board system to another, or when Warden was transferring hosts at one point.  We had some pretty severe software changes going on and unfortunately some stuff got lost.  I'd have to dig through my files sometime and see if I have any kind of archive of that, but it may be gone for good.
I vaguely remember the 'build your own adventure'.. mostly because I did some weird things with the story I probably wouldn't do today when looking back on it.

The other bits I remember reading were stories written by LeeMon for the various factions. I believe it was called the Generations Novel. I think he got as far as Slipgate before stopping (so.. Earth, Doom, and Slipgate were covered). They were interesting takes on the various id stories, such as including characters from Q3 that were put into those factions. So.. Mynx, Biker, and Cadaver show up in the Earth story.. etc.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2011-10-23, 23:10 »

Hmm... I'll have to bug LeeMon and see if he still has that floating around.  I don't remember having the novel on file.

J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #13 on: 2011-10-23, 23:18 »

Ohh, could i maybe write the intro for generations? Slipgate - Smile
Partly because i can check in 80% of the time Slipgate - Laugh

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: