2024-03-29, 09:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom 4 Leaks  (Read 13000 times)
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« on: 2012-04-17, 04:59 »

Wow, the supposed soundtrack blew my mind, there's also leaked art that looks unfinished, can't wait for id to will give us "awesome."
 Soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMMJlQGicrI&=1

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2012-04-17, 16:01 »

It helps to have source links when you post pictures, so I'll post this:

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2012/02/doom-4-more-leaked-images.html

There's also link to download all 170 pics of the supposed Doom 4 leaks:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wjsy8ixf6lvwm2b

I'll give it a going over and post my thoughts after my download is done.
  Doomed

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2012-04-17, 16:17 »

Judging by the pictures - including one with a Doom3 billboard off in the background, this does look like Doom 4 material.  The environment looks superb.  I've not seen this level of "population center is seriously fubar due to end of the world" since I played Legendary.  A lot of the gray models used for world geometry show organic-looking stuff that was present in Doom3.  This looks like it's going to be a Hell on Earth game as Doom II was.

I just hope there's plenty of run and gun action and no freaking health regen.

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #3 on: 2012-04-17, 17:56 »

The artwork is all very impressive, but nothing really screams "Doom" to me. There are some more Hellish looking touches here and there, but the majority of the material could be from just about anything.

Hell on Earth would be the way to go, story wise. Though I have this dread that it would end up as a bunch of scripted events following the human resistance into battle every level. It'd be like... Call of Duty! Doom - Exclamation
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2012-04-18, 15:55 »

It'd be like... Call of Duty! Doom - Exclamation

Now that... that is scary. Oh My F'ing Gawd

fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #5 on: 2012-04-18, 17:14 »

That would be terrible.  There was already a pretty good game that had a hell on earth atmosphere though: painkiller.
fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #6 on: 2012-04-18, 17:22 »

I just looked through the artwork, and got the same feeling you did, vampyra.  I'll hold my tongue and hope for the best.  There was so much talk about d3 being too dark, too cramped -- well I liked that about it.

Judging by these photos, d4 probably will be atmospheric, but what atmosphere... who knows at this point.  Looking at it, it really did remind me of painkiller now... and hl2.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2012-04-18, 19:47 »

Keep in mind too that a leak like this shows very little of what the game might be.  A city in ruins tends to look like, well, a city in ruins.  Throw in some lava and minor organic stuff and it still looks like a ruined city.  For it to look like "Doom" there would have to be some UAC facility-like areas, and some more hellish-looking areas.  It also doesn't look like Doom without demons to populate the environment.  I will say that I like the direction that this could go.  If it becomes Call of Doomy then... yes, the world will end this year.  I'll make sure of it.  Doomed

fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #8 on: 2012-04-18, 20:35 »

That's why I'm hoping for the best.  While I was looking through the pictures, I tried to imagine demons spawning in and maybe going inside the building where it could be dark and cramped, or perhaps even the sky going black.
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #9 on: 2012-04-18, 22:54 »

The city-on-fire could be used as some type of skybox during the main game. Along with everyone else, I'll hope for the best. Doom - Thumbs Up!

death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #10 on: 2012-04-21, 07:41 »

That would be a game to have! But my PC wouldn't be able to run it  Slipgate - Sad . I hope they put it out for xbox... but not a dumbed down version like Q4... that sucked  Slipgate - Sad

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2012-04-21, 09:32 »

Q4 sucked without being dumbed down.  Slipgate - Surprised

FistMarine

« Reply #12 on: 2012-04-21, 12:50 »

I agree, Quake 4 sucked. Sipgate - Evil
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #13 on: 2012-04-21, 19:20 »

Well q4 was atleast worthy of playing once Slipgate - Tongue
FistMarine

« Reply #14 on: 2012-04-21, 20:14 »

I did. I only played first 5 levels/missions, then I got bored. Slipgate - Disappointed
Also this may sound stupid but I never played Doom 3. Mainly because I didn't had Doom 3 but I only had RoE (the expansion) and it required full Doom 3. That was my dad's fault when bought the game (few years ago), didn't know that expansions required full games.
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #15 on: 2012-04-24, 03:51 »

Yep, after playing Q4 at a friends, I bought the game only for the Q2 bonus. I returned it (Only with Q4 in it Slipgate - Ninja) and traded it for FarCry.

Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #16 on: 2012-04-24, 05:09 »

Q4 was... about as generic as you can while still retaining some miniscule increment of creativity.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #17 on: 2012-04-24, 15:59 »

They made a few major mistakes with Q4, and the first one I can mention is spoiling a major plot element in the advertisement of the game.  The second, which I think is the most critical, was the re-imagining of the Strogg.  The Strogg in Quake 2 had a distinctive look and feel, as did the whole game.  Q4 had plenty of cyborgs, but they didn't look or act anything like the Strogg we loved in Quake 2.  The whole atmosphere was wrong.  Duke Nukem Forever did a much better job of staying true to the look and feel of its alien enemies and for the most part the weapons.  As much as the game was panned by critics that's one thing they got absolutely right.  Q4 did it completely backwards.  They re-imagined when they didn't need to.  Doom 3 was Id re-imagining their own game, which is why it turned out better.  Raven took the wrong path there.  They also went backward with the design.  Q2's hub system for missions was great, and Raven could have really expanded on it.

Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #18 on: 2012-04-24, 16:22 »

To be honest I never noticed much of a hub system in Q2, but yeah, ID shouldn't be trusting anyone else with any more Quake games, except for maybe spinoffs like enemy territory.
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #19 on: 2012-04-25, 03:46 »

I'd definitely like to see a quake 4 remake for the better.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: