2024-04-25, 22:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardware upgrade (And some down time)  (Read 6350 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2003-09-13, 05:02 »

I'm going to have some downtime.  I'm replacing my 40 Gig hard disk with a new 120 gig drive.  In the process I'm going to (hopefully) set up Windows 2K and Linux on the drive, as well as a fully working image of my current installation of Windows 98.  How soon I get back online depends on how smoothly this goes.  I have everything backed up so I should not lose any data, so Gen is safe and sound.  I may be offline a few days, or a week, so if you wonder why I'm not around, now you know.

Also, for those noting a distinct lack of any progress on Generations, this is part of what's been holding me up.  I've not wanted to start any major coding or modeling sessions with a pending hardware change.  I've also been taking care of some "real life" concerns that have been awaiting my attention for a while.  Fear not, I will be back to coding as soon as this interruption is over. Slipgate - Smile

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-09-15, 23:44 »

Well, good news so far.  I have a nice roomy install of my Windows 98 stuff, all completely intact except for a shortcuts folder that I somehow neglected to copy over.  Runs like I never changed a thing, except that I now have four times the free space I had before.

Second, my dualboot into Win2K on it's own nice little NTFS partition is working like a dream.  Since Win2k can still see my Win98 partitions, I can bring any program installers or data over I want and install a 2k version.  Of course, that takes up more disk space, but it's nice to be able to do both and not have to worry.

The Linux installation will wait until Tomorrow.  It is time I get some much needed rest.  Slipgate - Asleep

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: