2024-03-28, 18:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neostalgia blues  (Read 4546 times)
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« on: 2013-08-01, 01:14 »

Since a recent video someone posted here has gotten me back into the old Q3 glory days I've kinda been trying to revisit some of that stuff...

Only to discover good old Planet Quake is full of broken links and Polycount is unrecognizable, Makes me wish I had backed up more stuff than I have.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2013-08-01, 18:09 »

Yeah, all the "Planet" sites are dead as Gamespy was shut down by IGN a few months ago.  The web pages are still up, but that's about it.

LvL world is still there, along with some other sites like PlanetQuake3.net (aka Quakeunity).  Polycount... I have no clue what they did with their model archive.  I'd have to try to contact someone on the site to find out.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #2 on: 2013-08-01, 21:10 »

I actually ended up finding some kind of archive of Q3 models from Polycount, though with no screenshots and such it'll take a while to just sort through it all.

Other sites seem to have most of what was on Planet Quake, but the site itself still makes a good reference.
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #3 on: 2013-08-07, 17:45 »

I've found that alot of stuff from the old Planet sites is still floating around on Gamefront, but you have to search each individual map or mod to find them, sometimes being as specific as the actual zip/rar filename.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: