2024-04-27, 21:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Life sucks (I can't take it anymore!!)  (Read 5755 times)
Jaq

Shambler

« on: 2003-09-15, 21:36 »

But I guess I have to...

I've been working really hard to get myself a new graphic card and finally I bought one. My brand new, sparkling Albatron GF4 Ti4800SE arrived.
Everything was fine until today.

I was playing Unreal 2 and after about 10 minutes graphics got reallyt screwed up. So I turned the game off. After doing that the monitor was acting like it would be changing resolutions and it didn't want to stop. So I rebooted my system.
And right then all hell broke loose....

XP was unable to detect my graphic card, so I installed the latest detonators and... and since that I have artifacts all over the screen and I still can't install the driver.
I tried updating BIOS but it didd't help at all.
And the best thing is that I bought that card on ebay. The guy, who sells them has a perfect record and the card has no warranty.

Those kind of things keep happening to me for the last month. It really, really pisses me off even though I'm a rather easy going man.

Does anybody have some spare good luck to give away?
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2003-09-16, 00:52 »

format c:

good luck =x
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #2 on: 2003-09-16, 07:40 »

I wish it could be that easy. The card is down, not the software.

I get artifacts even when I'm in BIOS.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2003-09-16, 08:06 »

return the card if it's fried.
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #4 on: 2003-09-16, 15:06 »

I spoke to the guy and fe said he'll replace it. I am a bit surprised that he is willing to do that, after all a week has passed since I got it...

Anyway, I tried ti install my old Intel 740 card and... the werid thing is that I had very similar problems.
So... I cleaned my motherboard reaaaly good to get rid of any dust, I cleaned the card's pins as well, reseted BIOS and I scanned my system for viruses. I had one worm that was active, so I decided to reinstall the whole system to be sure everything is gone.

And... I have no idea why but everything is fine now.

There is no ligic in that for me. The card had problems even before it started loading any operating system, moreover I had the  same problems at my friend's PC.

Once again logic has failed me when it comes to PCs.

Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2003-09-16, 15:09 »

bring it to me, I tend to look at computers and fix them Slipgate - Tongue

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #6 on: 2003-09-16, 17:52 »

heh, my screen now is expeirencing minute flashes of a fucia color, very breif unnoticable unless i watch for it...weird
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2003-09-16, 20:27 »

I've had that kind of error with a gfx before, it was just a glitch in the AGP slot, removing and insert the card helped.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: