2024-04-29, 09:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If you eat cows sign here (Even if you don't, sign!)  (Read 8157 times)
Demonwench

Hans Grosse

« on: 2003-10-01, 03:47 »

http://www.sorrycow.com/lj.php
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2003-10-01, 03:48 »

mmm.. succulent bovine flesh.... *ahem*  :unsure:

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #2 on: 2003-10-01, 04:12 »

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2003-10-01, 07:49 »

I signed it for a bit of fun, but I don't feel the least bit guilty. Sipgate - Evil

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2003-10-01, 08:03 »

Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #5 on: 2003-10-01, 16:10 »

i am with you on that pho, ive never ate a steak that made me feel guilty
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #6 on: 2003-10-01, 16:40 »

Do I feel guilty about eating cattle? No. I do, however, think that farm bred animals should be avoided if possible. Not only are they treated poorly in their short life spans, but you have no idea what kind of odd hormones are pumped into them, nor do you even know if the health measures are up to snuff during slaughter, transportation, preparation, etc. Of course, the same thing could be said about fruits and vegetables, constantly being pumped with hormones and sprayed with pesticide. Unless you have the ability and dedication to keep a home garden and take your rifle hunting on occasion, I doubt you can avoid this though. The food chain is there for a reason, but a life without red meat is a healthier one, and honestly, alternative substances taste just as good. I actually found Vegan cheese a few weeks ago, and it tasted just fine. Slipgate - Wink
« Last Edit: 2003-10-01, 16:42 by dev/null » Logged
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #7 on: 2003-10-01, 18:34 »

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #8 on: 2003-10-02, 16:29 »

dev , in your case its "apologize to the baby " Slipgate - Tongue
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #9 on: 2003-10-03, 03:31 »

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2003-10-04, 09:32 »

pwned  :blink:  Slipgate - Sad   Who's Your Daddy?
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #11 on: 2003-10-06, 16:43 »

Hmm... I do feel bad about my dependency on meat.  I just can't do without meat in a patty/grounded form.  I guess I could live without beef but then another animal would suffer all the same.   Slipgate - Sad

The other problem is that I've yet to find a better meat.  I've tried veggie burgers, chicken burgers, turkey burgers, and even ostrich burgers.  (Perhaps human?)  While all are generally good, except for the veggie burger Slipgate - Tongue, none can match the beautfiul consistency that is beef.  Beef, while quite disgustingly messy to cook, is so wonderful to chew.  The only downside to beef is that you'll feel it the next morning when you wake up if you've eaten too much of it.  Slipgate - Exhausted

I try to have as much variety as possible in my diet.  I also try to eat as many fruits and vegetables as my anus will tolerate.   Slipgate - Laugh  Case in point though, I am a human, and I'm an omnivore.  I've tried denying myself of meat for an extended period of time to see if my body would actually refute it when it came time to trying it again.  However, my body didn't, and I enjoyed a lovely, succulent beef sandwich. Slipgate - Smile

I do feel bad; however, the feelings that I have about eating meat is much the same as my feelings toward taking the life of an insect.  I don't like to kill but then again, something about certain insects just compels me to.  It's weird.
« Last Edit: 2003-10-06, 16:46 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #12 on: 2003-10-06, 17:35 »

you have pointed teeth for reason you whining sissy. :angry:  there is nothing unethical about eating meat.
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #13 on: 2003-10-06, 20:51 »

The problem with eating humans is mainly one of practicality. Humans are not made for mass consumption, as anyone could see by merely looking at their body frame. Almost all of the edible substance is concentrated high within in the legs. Actually carving is a very hard process as well, I understand. Even if you were to get over these hurdles, you still have the impracticality of homicide and cannibalism being frowned upon within our society.

Humans are very filthy creatures as well, sporting all kinds of wonderful diseases, most transmitted sexually. For this fact alone, you would have to monitor and scan your live stalk carefully.

Over all, I have heard that women in their early to mid twenties are the best?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #14 on: 2003-10-07, 04:01 »

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain just to eat vegetables.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #15 on: 2003-10-07, 15:24 »

Wow...  I didn't know all that.  Thanks for enlightening me Dev/Null.  Slipgate - Laugh  Besides the legs though, wouldn't most humans' rumps produce a sizeable amount of meat?  I know they're considerably fatty but I would think that would make the meat more tender no?

Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #16 on: 2003-10-07, 15:30 »

amen pho Sipgate - Evil

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #17 on: 2003-10-08, 03:41 »

Quote from: Kain-Xavier
Wow...  I didn't know all that.  Thanks for enlightening me Dev/Null.  Slipgate - Laugh  Besides the legs though, wouldn't most humans' rumps produce a sizeable amount of meat?  I know they're considerably fatty but I would think that would make the meat more tender no?
I'm not totally sure. I think this link would be a good starting place though Slipgate - Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: