2024-04-25, 09:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WHS Site Redesign  (Read 5355 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2003-11-25, 23:09 »

The new WireHead Studios website went live as of 5pm EST today. We're hoping that the new layout is cleaner, easier to navigate, and faster to load.

Why redesign?

There's a multitude of reasons for this, the biggest being that after 3 years of abuse, the old site was cluttered, buggy, hard to update, and the code was in shambles.

So what's new?

The forums have been heavily integrated into the website. Latest posts and news are directly exported from the database into the website. You can view who's online, what they're posting about, and reply with a click. There's now comments for news, and a .plan update system. The Pic of the Day is now randomized from our gallery system as well.

All in all, there's much more dynamic content, it's easier and faster to load and update, and our fans and visitors can leave comments and feedback much easier.

A quick note:
While I believe that I caught all the bugs in the site during the last month of development, I may have missed something. If you find an issue, go to our Bug Reports forum, located here, or  click on the comments link below!
« Last Edit: 2003-11-25, 23:46 by ConfusedUs » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: