2024-03-29, 07:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Game Console (And why?)  (Read 6459 times)
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« on: 2003-12-03, 04:08 »

The Sega Dreamcast is, by far, the best console ever. It has the most comfortable first party controllers ever designed, as well as tons of great games. The graphics, while slightly outdated now, were at the top of their game when released and can still rival the Playstation 2 pretty easily. The memory system was nice as well, for the VMU?s could be used on their own to play minigames (even if very few developers took advantage of that.). The community built around the Dreamcast was awesome as well. You can get tons of emulators (NES, SNE, Genesis, Playstation), as well as home brewed games and utilites that allow you to play MP3?s and VCD?s, among many other things. Of course, due to hardware propaganda and commercial conditioning, Sony was able to beat Sega (and later, everyone else) out. It?s too bad really, I would have loved to have seen the DVD attachment for the Dreamcast, as well as all of the awesome games that were cancelled once Sega sold their fans out?
MantiCore

Cacodemon

« Reply #1 on: 2003-12-03, 04:50 »

I say the Genesis, by far Sega's best system.  And even though both failed terribly, the 32x and SegaCD were both cool add-ons that made the system better than a Saturn/PS1.  The library of games is giant, and there are many quailty games out there.  Too many to compile into a list, thats for sure (believe me, i've tried).
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2003-12-03, 05:28 »

I'd have to say the Atari 2600 is still my favorite.  Sure, it's 4 bit and about as primitive as you can get, and the stupid joysticks fell apart all the time, but it was addictive.  I still have one, and yes I do play it once in a while.  It was the first real cartridge-based system, and is still fun!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2003-12-03, 13:07 »

Where the hell is the Commodore64. The others are shite compared to it!

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #4 on: 2003-12-03, 15:12 »

I wouldn't really call the C64 a game system.  
I half-remember one of the RPGs I was playing on that.  I never did solve it Slipgate - Sad  About all I remember about it is that there was a ju-ju bag.  I never did figure out what to do with it.
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #5 on: 2003-12-03, 16:18 »

ill have to say the NES. mine has servered me well for 15 years. ive certainly logged on more game time on it than any other platform.
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #6 on: 2003-12-03, 18:13 »

I'm a big fan of my SNES still. It's hard for me to pick a favorite, but since you're making me, that's what I'm gonna have to go w/. I also loved my NES (til my brother sold it, the bugger) and my Genesis. I loved my PS2 ... until it broke. I've never played a GC, N64 or an XBox. So I can't say about those. Nor have I played an Atari. *shrug* I did at one time have a Dreamcast, but I hardly ever played it, so I sold it to a friend who kept begging me for it. So it is getting its good use. hehe
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2003-12-03, 18:16 »

I'm sticking by my saturn. With a memory upgrade for full arcade-quality ports. With games like Panzer Dragoon, Saturn Bomberman, and Nights, it's pretty hard to go wrong.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #8 on: 2003-12-03, 19:08 »

Quote from: Tabun
Where the hell is the Commodore64.
I could only put ten choices, sorry
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #9 on: 2003-12-05, 00:32 »

I agree with much of what Dev/Null said about the Dreamcast.  I'm in a way glad that Sega became a third party developer however, they've developed some incredible games that just would not have been possible on the DC.  Sega bleeds originality. Slipgate - Smile

Pho:  I have the same exact problem with the Atari 2600 controllers.  My own curiousity led me to a very useful solution however.  Just plug in a Genesis controller.  Before the Master System, Sega manufactured several of the peripherals for Atari. Slipgate - Tongue
« Last Edit: 2003-12-05, 00:33 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: