2024-04-29, 08:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Generations 99d Release! (Thursday, Dec 11 at 9 PM EST)  (Read 4267 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2003-12-11, 09:11 »

Check it out HERE and get ready for some fraggin' action!  We'll have the list of test files updated once it's ready.  In the mean time, grab a copy of 99c if you don't already have it - you still need it - and grab those map packs too!

This version of Generations is an update to Generations v.99c.  That means you MUST have 99c installed before installing 99d.  If you're installing the .zip version please unzip into your GENERATIONS folder.  It may ask you to overwrite some files.  Allow it to do so.  If you've modified your autoexec.cfg within your Generations folder you should back up the file if you want to save any settings.  Otherwise click "yes" when it asks to overwrite and let it do its thing.

Also, previous versions of Generations required that "r_overbrightbits" be set to "0" to correct a problem with the Doom invulnerability.  This is no longer necessary.  Once 99d is installed hit ~ to lower the console, type /r_overbrightbits 1 and re-load Generations.  You'll need to tweak your gamma correction a bit, but this will make Gen's lighting much crisper.  It is the default setting in Quake 3.

If you have any trouble with the downloads or installation drop by #wirehead in irc.wireheadstudios.net or irc.enterthegame.com and we'll be happy to assist you.  Happy fragging!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #1 on: 2003-12-11, 19:19 »

w00t... I can finally set my overbrightbits back to 1! Slipgate - Laugh

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: