2024-03-28, 21:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Far Cry (Get the demo!)  (Read 5401 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2004-01-22, 04:36 »

For those of you who (like me) had never heard of this game, I urge you to look  it up a bit.

Here's the official site.

The game is your basic FPS. Guns, explosives, vehicles, etc. You can drive gunboats and jeeps in the demo. What sets the game apart are its AI and it's graphics.

The game is absolutely stunning. There's reflective, REFRACTIVE water. Objects can be pushed over and thrown around with explosives.

Here's some screenshots
http://www.turd_ferguson.shackspace.com/FarCry/
http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?id=9237584

More screenshots can be found in this forum post.

The AI is just as impressive. The mercenaries communicate and coordinate with each other. They'll flank, lay covering fire, dodge behind cover, and run for help. They'll jump into nearby vehicles and use stationary machineguns to mow your ass down. Their AI is better than the marines in Halflife.

The demo is out now. You can grab it from Fileshack, and it's also avaliable at other sites like GamersHell and AUSgamers.
« Last Edit: 2004-01-22, 04:52 by ConfusedUs » Logged
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2004-01-22, 06:22 »

i played this game at E3 it was very nice indeed.
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #2 on: 2004-01-22, 21:02 »

Quote from: ConfusedUs
What sets the game apart are its AI and it's graphics.

The AI is just as impressive. The mercenaries communicate and coordinate with each other. They'll flank, lay covering fire, dodge behind cover, and run for help. They'll jump into nearby vehicles and use stationary machineguns to mow your ass down. Their AI is better than the marines in Halflife.
The enemy AI is lacking. They're good shots, but dumb as a bag of hammers. They lose you if you duck behind a post ten feet away. No kidding.

Lol, from PQ.  I'll still give this  a try though.  Everybody seems to have been waiting for it, so...  ten million chinese can't all be wrong.
« Last Edit: 2004-01-22, 21:02 by dna » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-01-23, 08:32 »

Here's a video of some action in the game

http://dslyecxi.shackspace.com/Screens&Vid...ry_Killfest.wmv

Can't say for sure how long it'll be up, so grab it now!
Kenny_WHS

Team Member
Pinky

« Reply #4 on: 2004-01-23, 11:44 »

/sv_sarcasm 1

Wow, Half Life 2 released on time without the leak.

Ok industry jabs aside, it does look very good, I would like to see some more detail textures on a couple things, but the sheer amount of content makes my last bitching extremely trivial.  AND THANK YOU FOR FINALLY HAVING THE BALLS TO RELEASE A GAME THAT USES HARDWARE SHADERS! Good job Crytek!

OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #5 on: 2004-02-13, 00:39 »

Holy hell, this demo does rule. I've finally gotten it to work, what with the new RAM and all, and all I can really say is it really is like Half-life 2 was just released.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: