2024-04-29, 09:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will we get to see all of the (Quake1 Episode1 maps for CTF?)  (Read 7150 times)
JRock

« on: 2004-02-07, 05:47 »

It would be a dream come true to actually get to play CTF with a grapple and the runes on the original Quake1 Episode 1 maps (all four episodes had good maps but even just E1 would rock). Oh man the memories I have of playing that game for hours on end late into the night in highschool... sitting at home with my awesome 28.8kbps modem and my 300ms dial-up ping, playing the initial releases of Threewave CTF with 8-16 other people. Absolutely the best multiplayer FPS experiences if only because they were the first mod I played and fell in love with. =)

QuakeWorld:TeamFortress would be a close second but there was something about Threewave CTF with the grapple and runes and the keys as the flags and those dark, dank, atmospheric Episode One maps that will forever remain a fond part of my gaming memories.

Do you know if anyone is working on recreating or porting those maps over for CTF use for Generations Arena so I (and I would expect others) could die happy?  :lol:

:ph34r:
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-02-07, 06:24 »

No. None of them.

The single player maps aren't really all that good for CTF. We have lots of q1 CTF maps in our upcoming mappack, but not any SINGLE PLAYER ctf maps.

Hell, I used to play q1 all the time and I never ONCE saw a CTF server using single-player maps.
JRock

« Reply #2 on: 2004-02-07, 06:32 »

Yeah, they weren't perfect but they're how it all started. Threewave CTF started out as a mod that just edited the coding of the files and played on the original Episode one maps (and later most of the maps of all the Episodes) before it ever had its own maps created. Sure it was a bit ghetto-rigged and some maps were a bit lop-sided but it was still a ton of fun.

Perhaps you're right though - for this mod why bother with them. The official CTF maps Zoid released for Quake1 Threewave CTF were balanced, interesting, and fun and had actual flags instead of just the gold and silver keys. =)

Can I at least look forward to the original Threewave CTF maps being ported then? I believe there were eight of them... McKinley is the name of one that sticks in my mind. They were a blast too. =)

Hopefully if they do get ported they will be accurate and include the secret areas and doors, etc. Oh man that would be neat!  :lol:
« Last Edit: 2004-02-07, 06:32 by JRock » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-02-07, 06:33 »

A lot of them you'll see, as well as several of the q2 Threewave CTF maps.

Then there's a few included just because they KICK ASS. Slipgate - Wink
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2004-02-07, 15:09 »

Hopefully if they do get ported they will be accurate and include 

we will REBUILD , never PORT OVER .  Slipgate - Tongue
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #5 on: 2004-02-07, 18:30 »

Quote from: games keeper
we will REBUILD , never PORT OVER .  Slipgate - Tongue
They have the skill.  They have the talent.  And if they build it, I shall come.  Slipgate - Laugh

Devlar

Makron

« Reply #6 on: 2004-02-07, 20:34 »

Any Quake 1 SP maps you have in mind?
JRock

« Reply #7 on: 2004-02-07, 23:15 »

It's been so long I don't remember which memories are which maps. Would have to see screenshots or play them again to remember completely.  =\

But really any of them are welcome. =)
I especially like the Episode 1 and Episode (I think it was) 4 that had the dark castle-like atmosphere.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #8 on: 2004-02-08, 02:07 »

Well most Q1 episodes is mostly gothic. sure the first episode got lots of base maps but most of em are just castles Slipgate - Smile
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #9 on: 2004-02-14, 20:21 »

I think he's refering to Necropolis, which was a relatively decent DM map (even if it was a SP map), I'm a little amazed no one has remade it yet
ROADKILL

Spectre

« Reply #10 on: 2004-02-20, 01:50 »

Quote from: Devlar
I think he's refering to Necropolis, which was a relatively decent DM map (even if it was a SP map), I'm a little amazed no one has remade it yet
Title : Newcropolis
Author : Casey

Release date : May/16/2002
Filename : q3wcp24.bsp

E-mail Address : casey@threewave.com
Related Webpage : http://www.threewave.com

Theme : Gothic
Description : A remake of one of the most memorable Quake1
Single Player Levels as played in the original Threewave CTF.
Some areas have been altered to make the layout a bit more fair for both teams.
E1M3 - The Necropolis by Tim Willits

B)

here's a link to a whole bunch of them.
http://www.sdkquake3.freewebsites.com/Maps.html
« Last Edit: 2004-02-20, 01:55 by ROADKILL » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: