2024-04-29, 09:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fragtown (maps)  (Read 12218 times)
Lightning Hunter

Imp

« Reply #20 on: 2004-02-26, 09:35 »

Quote from: shambler
I'm pretty good with the railgun against bots but I am new to online play and have a lot of trouble with lag. I am slowly getting better.

I intend to play some PKarena. I used to do it a lot against the reaper in Q1 and now broardband has opened up so many new things I don't have the time to try them all yet. PK is second on my list after Gen.

You are right about the fragtown maps. the textures were photographs, so for my own personal use I changed a lot of them to make it look better. I still have them on my comp.
My favorite mods are always the ones that have the best bot support.  My current top favorite mods are 1. Head Hunters, 2. Bazooka Quake, and 3. Generations.
Generations is #3 right now since it doesn't  yet have all those nice options for bot matches I would like, and it's still in it's beta stage.  As the coding, weapon animations, and botmatch options start to be finished, Generations will easily be my favorite mod Slipgate - Smile
(especially if they add the option to choose a random map from your entire BaseQ3 folder *hint hint) Slipgate - Laugh
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #21 on: 2004-02-26, 21:10 »

Random map selection would be nice, considering even the UIEnhanced mod can't display all the maps I have in my baseq3 folder!!

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #22 on: 2004-02-26, 21:20 »

This sounds useful. where can I get it?

sid_the_giraffe

« Reply #23 on: 2004-03-01, 13:45 »

Very big thumbs up fromt his newbie about the frag town maps. Very urban and very real. There is a real feeling of the hunter verses the hunted in the maps. Plus at least one player tends to have the ace cards such as very strong armour, or quad or invisibility and certainly the best vantage points where he can always see where you are. This makes it a real challenge to swing the match around. A challenge but an achievable one... and then you have the aces and it's his turn to be the hunted. Great for more players too... lots of mini battles going on all over the place and lots of cross-fire to avoid.
« Last Edit: 2004-03-01, 13:48 by sid_the_giraffe » Logged
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #24 on: 2004-03-01, 20:28 »

Don't know why you like them sid, all you do in them is die a lot. still, get to the match tonite, or i'll make sure you die a lot more.
sid_the_giraffe

« Reply #25 on: 2004-03-01, 20:31 »

your threats are as empty as your head Shambler... I think the best thing about the frag town maps are the way the texture colours compliment the colour of your intestines so well
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #26 on: 2004-03-01, 20:33 »

see you at 8 and don't be late.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: