2024-03-28, 15:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sever The Sphinx Final (Come and Get it)  (Read 14955 times)
Devlar

Makron

« on: 2003-02-14, 05:36 »

http://www.infosprite.com/modules.php?name...download&cid=16

For screenies http://devlar.topcities.com/devsever.htm

Hopefully I'll be able to start work on my next one pretty soon, most likely not a remake
« Last Edit: 2003-02-14, 07:00 by Devlar » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-02-16, 07:19 »

Got it, the lighting looks much better.  I love this map!  Can't wait to add this baby to mappack 3! :wub:

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #2 on: 2003-02-16, 09:46 »

Thank you, its good to hear it wasn't for nothing

Now, can anyone tell me another doom map with good connectivitiy?
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #3 on: 2003-02-16, 10:50 »

Icon of sin? Dead Simple?

Both good maps, and I have some ideas for some cool features for Icon. Heh, maybe the giant head wont shoot those skullboxes anymore, but now it shoots, ROCKETS! bwaahhaha
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #4 on: 2003-02-16, 12:49 »

Icon of sin is a physical impossibility to create in Quake 3, there is no use button, it would not work

Dead simple has been done more times than Crappy Slasher Flicks
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #5 on: 2003-02-16, 12:55 »

why do you need a use button? heh, just make automated buttons or something

improvisation is the word of the day Slipgate - Smile  Thumbs up!
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #6 on: 2003-02-16, 13:24 »

The problem is the lifts go up and down because you press the use key, now lifts in quake 3 go up and down automatically, thus making it incredibly unpredictable
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #7 on: 2003-02-16, 14:34 »

Hmmm, i suppose you could make so that the "skull switch" at the back of the level needs to only be activated once, and after that the lift periodically raises and lowers by itself... it'd be a good place for a bfg Slipgate - Smile
and it'd also be fun seeing all those fights for who's going to stay on the lift

i dunno, i suppose it can be done, it'll just need figuring out
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #8 on: 2003-02-16, 22:05 »

Can you throw me a map that isn't a novelty though? I mean Icon of Sin is ultimately like Dead Simple a big box
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #9 on: 2003-02-16, 22:30 »

again, the "big box" thing can be improvised... the area on the "floor" of the arena is very boring, you could insert basements and corridors leading off from there

heh, i could have a field day going rampant with my imagination on this map Slipgate - Laugh
« Last Edit: 2003-02-16, 22:31 by Daedalus » Logged
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #10 on: 2003-02-16, 22:41 »

Then go for it! I've seen what your capable of i doubt it would be too much of a challenge.

I need a unalterable map, or at least not too alterable, cause I want to put together a tutorial for making doom to scale
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #11 on: 2003-02-16, 22:55 »

hmmm, i might, but getting the bloody giant head texture is going to be hard Slipgate - Laugh

plus, im doing this at the moment : http://sentience.b0x.com/gladiator.jpg
so, i might wait until thats finished
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #12 on: 2003-02-16, 23:39 »

So is anyone going to throw me a bone or am i going to have to play through all 4 episodes of Ultimate Doom, then Doom 2 and the the 2 episodes of Final Doom to find a map I like?
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #13 on: 2003-02-17, 00:03 »

Dont forget The Master Levels Slipgate - Smile
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #14 on: 2003-02-17, 00:22 »

Those weren't in my Collectors Edition CD
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #15 on: 2003-02-17, 03:23 »

If you can make an ACCURATE version of Dead Simple, I can almost guarantee it being in the next mappack. Hell, scratch the 'almost'.

If it has the same layout, every powerup, and every weapon from the original, without adding any stupid gimmicks just because, we'll play the hell out of it. Don't worry about improving on it. So it's a box map...we don't care. It's dead simple. Slipgate - Wink
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #16 on: 2003-02-17, 09:37 »

Yes.  All the "Dead Simple" maps out there so far AREN'T.  They're either too dark, too big (the one with the bouncepads is MONSTROUS), changed the weapon layout, or ruined it by destroying the geometry.  I also can't stand that every version I'v seen adding a QUAD on the freaking map and a few removed the BFG.  I don't mind if you can rocket-jump up onto the roof, but there should be NOTHING up there.  If the layout stays the same, along with item placement, and the map is embelished graphically with some geometry enhancements, you know, little lights along the wall or bevel the platform edges slightly, etc, and a good Doom-ish set of textures, then that's good enough for me.  Of course the megasphere will have to be replaced with a mega health, and Q3 has no free-standing backpack item, but that's inconsequential I think.  Dead Simple was all about high-adrenaline gameplay.  The map is simple enough in Doom, but so far the remakes have all sucked that I've seen because they went away from that.  If you can pull this off you'll have quite the winner, and it will certainly make it into mappack 3.  Slipgate - Tongue  

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #17 on: 2003-02-17, 10:17 »

Accuracy isn't too hard to achieve, well at least if you though Sever the Sphinx was to scale, then I can use the same scale on a map like that, the only problem for me is Aesthetic. I mean I'd have to build something into there because a undetailed box just doesn't cut it by my standards. I mean I'd clip it so it would play exaclty the same way as the original (which includes not being able to reach the upper platform) but how do you detail a box? Also replacing single rockets with rocket boxes is dangerous

Also how do you get the BFG on that map?
« Last Edit: 2003-02-17, 10:47 by Devlar » Logged
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #18 on: 2003-02-17, 20:39 »

hmm.. i might have a go at dead simple but it's kinda hard to do anything with a boxmap.. i got some ideas tho.

Anyway this is a kick ass map you've done devlar and i hope we'll see it in mappack 3! Slipgate - Smile

« Reply #19 on: 2003-02-17, 20:51 »

dev : final doom level 30 (deathmatch) try it . or go to single player type iddt and noclip , take your map and go to the room in the map where you dont get
get elseway ,its a deathmatch level wich has all the weapons it and many bezerkerpacks:

else try level 29 , 31 .32 Slipgate - Smile
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: