2024-03-29, 10:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop abusing the smilies  (Read 7415 times)
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« on: 2003-02-16, 23:56 »

Thats really starting to piss me off. I don't really like em a whole lot (most of them have no real 'use' in a message), but I can still personally tolerate maybe 1 or 2. However, I'm really getting sick and tired of seeing crap like:

Having a Beer  Oh My F'ing Gawd  Thumbs up!  :hat:  Slipgate - Asleep  Who's Your Daddy?  Hail  <_<  :lol:  Slipgate - Laugh  Slipgate - Roll Eyes  B)  Slipgate - Tongue  Doom - Huh?  :angry:  Slipgate - Asleep  :hat:  Sipgate - Evil  Thumbs up!

Just... lay off on the damn smilies, will you?
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #1 on: 2003-02-17, 00:12 »

Indeed. A few of them do have a short-lived gimmick, but for the most part many of them are just annoying (especially when placed in huge chains for no reason).
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2003-02-17, 00:45 »

more animated horror. animation in gen: good - animation in literature: bad
darth vader & luke skywalker confrontation smileys * 1000 / week <- beyond bad!

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Demonwench

Hans Grosse

« Reply #3 on: 2003-02-17, 03:19 »

I think the new smileys are cute.  I don't find them annoying at all.
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #4 on: 2003-02-17, 04:20 »

The smilies themselves are easy to cope with, it's the fashion that they're used in that bothers me. Long strings of animated bliss is not what I call good forum etiquette.
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #5 on: 2003-02-17, 06:54 »

NOOOOO the smileys are gods! i worship the smileys! i cant live withoutt he smileys!!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2003-02-17, 09:22 »

Everything in moderation I say.  I happen to LIKE the animated smileys.  I don't think you should have 1500 in one post however.  As for Who's Your Daddy? you seem to miss the humor.  It's basically saying "Who's your daddy?"  I can grasp this subtlety, and I'm a bird?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2003-02-17, 09:47 »

No-no, I quite see the joke of it - and it IS fun! it just doesn't stay that way, after I'm annoyed by it 12 times for one forum visit. Ofcourse, to my non-animated-forum-content-preferring nature, just a pic of the smiley where vader is holding up the dad sign and a crying luke smiley would do the joke just fine too, and would take 20 times the abuse before getting REALLY annoying ;]
« Last Edit: 2003-02-17, 09:47 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: