2024-03-29, 16:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: religion + politics == bad  (Read 14020 times)
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #20 on: 2004-03-29, 18:15 »

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Oh... Furries... or would you call them Featheries in this case
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #21 on: 2004-03-29, 18:46 »

I may not be able to prove that he isn't the mythical bird, but he hasn't been able to prove that he is either, outside of fooling a bunch of people on the internet. I'd hate to break it to you, but twelve year old boys do it all of the time, pretending to be lesbians in chat rooms and such. But, of course, I guess I'm just not into blindly believing in something... Unlike some people
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #22 on: 2004-03-29, 19:57 »

just a note.. i never said that I beleived him.. merely that i couldnt prove otherwise
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #23 on: 2004-03-29, 22:04 »

Quote from: Devlar
Drop the character, putting feathers in your ass does not make you a chicken... Oh... Furries... or would you call them Featheries in this case
First:  Go pluck yourself.  As Caesar said in Shakespeare "I am as constant as the northern star."  I'll not change who and what I am because some human gets crotchity about it, and ordering me around will get you absolutely nowhere.  If you don't like it then nobody is making you come to this board now are they?  Personally I think you're just a glutton for punishment.  You could also spend more time making really nice maps instead of promoting this political rhetoric.  It's a shame to see such talent wasted.  I really do like your maps.  Everyone else here does as well.  I'd certainly like to see more of them.

Second:  As for being a furry, that's laughable at best.  Everyone who knows me knows I am not a furry.  Nice to see stereotyping in action from the Left!

As I've said before, I really don't care if people believe me or not.  That is up to you, but your disbelief does not invalidate my knowledge and experience nor does attacking me validate yours.  Character assassination is a well known tactic by leftists when their arguments fail.  You'll have to do a lot better than that.  I know all these games and conversational tactics inside and out. Slipgate - Asleep

Next please?
« Last Edit: 2004-03-29, 22:05 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #24 on: 2004-03-29, 23:06 »

Character assassination is a well known tactic by leftists when their arguments fail.
Then I guess the "take it or leave it" attitude is a well known tactic of the right when their arguements fail
If you don't like it then nobody is making you come to this board now are they

As for arguements, you didn't have one to begin with. Unless you count that whole bit about being the divine essence of a flaming bird is considered an arguement in your mind. Woodsman had, and continues to have an actual legitimate argument. Even if I don't agree with him, he's not about to call himself a dragon, or a toaster, and claim that this magical ability lets him declare all he says as truth.

I think you're just a glutton for punishment. You could also spend more time making really nice maps instead of promoting this political rhetoric. It's a shame to see such talent wasted.
I echo the exact same statement back at you, I have nothing but respect for your work.
You may consider it wrong that I'm challenging your views, out loud even, and with a certain degree of proof too, but guess what? I don't really care if you consider it wrong, it is my responsibility to humanity to challenge those old corrupt views. You may also consider me "glutton for punishment", then I ask, why do you bother replying if you aren't one too?
« Last Edit: 2004-03-29, 23:13 by Devlar » Logged
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #25 on: 2004-03-30, 04:44 »

i am too a toaster!!!
« Last Edit: 2004-03-30, 04:45 by Woodsman » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #26 on: 2004-03-30, 06:51 »

Quote from: Devlar
You may also consider me "glutton for punishment", then I ask, why do you bother replying if you aren't one too?
Because it is fun to toy with you and watch you squirm in your attempts to make me change or shoot me down by solidly refusing to alter my "old outdated ways".  I also study human behavior, and watching your reactions is part of that.  You have been an interesting subject so far.  The more you talk, the more I learn about your side of the equation, and the more I'm convinced it's not the way this world should go.  Watching your reactions when your views are challenged is also part of this study.

I am glad that our difference in philosophy and take on world events does not extend to each others' mod work though.  That would be a terribly immature thing to do, don't you think?

Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #27 on: 2004-03-30, 06:57 »

frankly i enjoy the lively debate i dont see a problem with differing opinions as long as there are no person attacks. No need for bitterness between friends.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #28 on: 2004-03-30, 09:28 »

Right, same here, but we've yet again strayed  Slipgate - Off Topic

Devlar

Makron

« Reply #29 on: 2004-03-30, 19:01 »

I am glad that our difference in philosophy and take on world events does not extend to each others' mod work though. That would be a terribly immature thing to do, don't you think?
What's said in here, stays in here, no hostility outside of it
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: