2024-04-27, 02:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Punisher movie owns  (Read 4822 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2004-04-17, 03:25 »

Lil, Gina and I just got back from seeing this.

Best comic book movie ever, and it ranks way up there as an action movie as well.

Good story, good actors.

The end,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
was sheer genius.

I want to see it again.

dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-17, 03:30 »

I've seen more advertisements for the soundtrack than the actual movie.

If "Featuring the return of Drowning Pool" is the best they have to offer, I pity all but those out in the audience that are def.

I must say, with the exception of his earlier work, that I do like John Travolta. I was always indifferent to The Punisher as a franchise though, despite the 80's version of the movie being simply horrid.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-17, 05:31 »

Quote from: dev/null
I've seen more advertisements for the soundtrack than the actual movie.

If "Featuring the return of Drowning Pool" is the best they have to offer, I pity all but those out in the audience that are def.
Honestly, there was no radio-type music at all during the movie. It was all theatrical background music and such. The only SONGS I heard were during the credits.

I must say, with the exception of his earlier work, that I do like John Travolta.

He's rather hit and miss, in my opinion. I either love his movies, or hate them.

I was always indifferent to The Punisher as a franchise though, despite the 80's version of the movie being simply horrid.

I'm pretty much the same. This movie excels as a standard action flick, however. The fact that it's also a comic book movie just makes it better.
« Last Edit: 2004-04-17, 05:31 by ConfusedUs » Logged
MantiCore

Cacodemon

« Reply #3 on: 2004-04-17, 06:32 »

>I must say, with the exception of his earlier work, that I do like John Travolta.

You have to be kidding me. Earlier works include Saturday Night Fever, Urban Cowboy and Carrie...while later works include....Look Whos Talking Now, The General's Daughter and Battlefield Earth.

Most would agree its been a steady downhill ride for Travolta.  The only recent movies hes been good in would be Pulp Fiction, Basic and Face/Off.  Even then, those are only mediocre (as far as his role in them). His success in Pulp Fiction is more credited to the writers than him.
_

I saw the Punisher earlier today and loved it. After being bored to tears and walking out of Hellboy forty minutes early the previous week, I needed a good comic book movie. The Punisher delivered.

While you have to suspend reality to get "in to" the movie, it was a great throwback to 80s action movies/TV series.  The film was pretty brutal and pulled no punches, something I really dug.

After seeing a few sequences filmed a block or two away from me back in November, I admit I am bias, but Tampa sure looked pretty on film and built a good atmosphere.   I hope more movies are filmed around here
 Slipgate - Smile
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #4 on: 2004-04-18, 00:02 »

John was decent in Broken Arrow.
I liked Grease.

That's it.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2004-04-19, 22:39 »

Broken Arrow is an awesome movie. Slipgate - Wink
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #6 on: 2004-04-21, 00:12 »

i love movies where travolta gets to be tottaly evil, hes awesome as a bad guy... punisher rocked, and the end was AWESOME, the perfect punishment. ...no pun intended
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2004-05-27, 13:14 »

I just found out that Chris Roberts ( Wing Commander ) was an excecutive producer on this movie!  Slipgate - WTF

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0330793/fullcredits
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0730932/

I guess he finally fulfilled his dream of getting into the movie industry.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: