2024-03-28, 19:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thought Provoking Questions  (Read 7335 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2004-04-19, 16:53 »

Okay, here's some questions for all of you. Please answer honestly.

1) If you found out your boyfriend/girlfriend had AIDS, would you still marry him/her?

2) If you did marry him/her, would you have relations with them? (assuming no sex before marriage, for the sake of argument)

3) If you did marry him/her and have relations with them, would you have children with him/her? (maternal-to-child chances of contracting AIDS = 35%, not sure about paternal-to-child)
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-19, 17:09 »

1) If you found out your boyfriend/girlfriend had AIDS, would you still marry him/her?
 - Hell no. I'd dump them, get an exam myself and move on. This would mean that to have a family, I'd need to adopt or do the whole artifical insemination thing. Either that or get the disease myself and die before I could see my kid live a life of his/her own. No thanks.

2) If you did marry him/her, would you have relations with them? (assuming no sex before marriage, for the sake of argument)
 - If I decided that our shortened lives together were worth more than my own, then of course. May as well go out with a bang (or two... or five-thousand-ish)

3) If you did marry him/her and have relations with them, would you have children with him/her? (maternal-to-child chances of contracting AIDS = 35%, not sure about paternal-to-child)
 - No, for reasons stated in #1
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-19, 17:32 »

Quote from: ConfusedUs

1) Of course.
2) Maybe, but maybe not Slipgate - Wink  I'd be double bagging it.  Of course, there are other things to do besides having "relations" that might give you more peace of mind (even though you would still be taking your chances - just not as much.)
3) No chance in Hell.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-04-19, 18:47 »

1) Nope. Marriage by itself was not in the plans, and (providing it wasn't due to a hospital error or other mishap) someone contracting AIDS is not in my book of People-One-Should-Marry.

2) & 3) Don't agree on the sake of argument stuff, so for the sake of my arguments, let's not get into this. Someone has to be REALLY special to have unprotected sex with when HIV positive. And kids, with or without the AIDS issue, were never in my future plans. And learning more about this world every day, I don't think they ever will be.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #4 on: 2004-04-19, 18:57 »

Are you hinting that you need some advice Con?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2004-04-20, 04:15 »

Well all of these are irrelevant in my case, but assuming there was an avian equivalent, I'll humor you.

1)  Yes, although birds do not marry... you know what I mean.  As for how she would get such an illness I would have questions, but I understand the temptations of a long separation, and we are not perfect creatures.  I can see past that and forgive.  I love my mate no matter what, unto whatever end.

2)  Well again it would lead to an interesting question of how the illness was acquired, but again yes.  My life is not worth living without her in it, and I am willing to suffer the same fate together.

3)  No.  Never.  My life is mine to do with as I please, but no innocent should knowingly suffer something that is preventable.  I would not deliberately infect a hatchling with such a disease, why would I infect my own unhatched offspring?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #6 on: 2004-04-20, 04:22 »

1) Yes, I have Mordenkainen's Impenetrable Condom, which gives a +22 against AIDS.

2) See #1.

3) No, Mordenkainen's Impentrable Condom +22 prevents the creation of children.
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #7 on: 2004-04-21, 02:56 »

birds can get aids? thats a new one to me...  Slipgate - Off Topic
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2004-04-21, 14:26 »

Quote from: Phoenix
assuming there was an avian equivalent, I'll humor you.
No, we cannot.  Please see above, quoted from my previous post.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #9 on: 2004-04-21, 14:30 »

You guys should quit messing around.  Con needs our help and all you guys do is crack jokes :mad:
EDIT - damn smilies.  Why isn't there a universal set?!?!?!
« Last Edit: 2004-04-21, 14:31 by dna » Logged
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #10 on: 2004-04-21, 15:28 »

Quote from: Phoenix
No, we cannot.  Please see above, quoted from my previous post.
damn my post skimming.. lmao, oh well
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #11 on: 2004-04-25, 09:52 »

1.)  The marriage would be rough and a true test of our love for each other, but yes, I would marry someone given that scenario and also given the fact that I would marry someone in the first place.  My feelings toward marriage are needlessly complex and rather negative.  I am also a stubborn bastard so I doubt I will change my mind towards this matter.

2.)  Er... by "relations" and "assuming no sex before marriage," I am assuming you mean "sexual relations."  If I was already HIV-positive or suffering from AIDs, of course.  Otherwise, I do not think it would be a wise idea.  Kissing is mostly harmless, but it would still arrouse a feeling of uneasiness within me.

3.)  I will not procreate.  I have decided that long ago.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: