2024-04-23, 13:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: map: req1e1m5 - Update (Yes it still lives)  (Read 17543 times)
Lunatic Guy

« Reply #20 on: 2003-03-14, 07:57 »

About the first picture of your updated map... why is there a lava in the water?

I think the level still doesn't look old enough...
pepe

Shambler

« Reply #21 on: 2003-03-14, 10:38 »

looking good reboot

and no im not dead but i have an exam period right now and thats why im not around

is the lighting finished? and is that the final skybox?
it would be nice if it wasnt high noon in the lvel so thered be more shadows or something
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #22 on: 2003-03-14, 19:16 »

Lunatic guy: why? because i just felt testing how things whould look with lava in the water, im testing lots of stuff u know Slipgate - Smile

Pepe: the lightening is not finished, some areas are way too dark others a bit too bright, and no i've thought about using a more realistic skybox, nothing decided tho, so if anyone knows any good skybox let me know.

Anyway i've been working quite much on the map today, changed some rooms. i might release a beta to selected ppls in the weekend, im not sure yet cuz there's still things i wanna finish first.

ah well i wonderd where you was pepe Slipgate - Smile finish those exams and come back online!
Lunatic Guy

« Reply #23 on: 2003-03-15, 05:42 »

Why not recolor the skies insttead? Make it red? Or turn it the same color like this original's map sky color in Q1?
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #24 on: 2003-03-17, 04:14 »

WOW
You are indeed a very gifted mapper!

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #25 on: 2003-03-17, 21:57 »

I've downloaded some skies and im about to test them tomorrow i'll show some pics on them ingame.

Yesterday i worked at the lights in the lvl some areas was way to dark should be ok now,  i had plans on releasing a beta but i did'nt have the time to finish it, and i also discoverd a nasty bug i had to kill.

Anyway this map will be released hopefully around the time when Gen 99c is released, there's only minor things left to do on this map i only want to test it online once to see how the game flows, maybe change some items or two.

Thnx Washu but i don't think im a "gifted mapper" yet but i am improving Slipgate - Smile
..::WHAT!?

Ogre

« Reply #26 on: 2003-04-10, 23:15 »

That level is looking damn good to me!  I didn't even know what level you were talking about from the title you gave but then I saw those screen shots and it brought it all back, I say its a great job.   Thumbs up!  The only thing that I think could make it better is a dark sky and some merky water B)
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #27 on: 2003-04-11, 20:10 »

tnx
Yea i've changed the sky i'll put up some new screens someday, hopefully i'll get time for mapping this weekend. but you know sometimes real life takes lot's of your time
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #28 on: 2003-04-11, 20:24 »

Yeah... Stupid real life

/me beats Real Life with a claw hammer
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #29 on: 2003-04-24, 11:07 »

Holy intricate roof architecture batman!

Thats awesome dude, keep it up. I want to hug you Slipgate - Grin
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #30 on: 2003-05-12, 20:51 »

Lol thanks daed Slipgate - Smile

And yes i know it was somewhile since i updated this thread but i am working on the map also i released a beta to some ppls at #wirehead

anyway here's a update:
Water is now "foggy" "murky"
Changed sky texture
New roof at GL
Changed the damage on the crusher to the exactly same damage as the quake 1.
Crusher got stucked prob fixed.
Cliped the walls better.
Did some changes on the hint brushes.
Fixed sparklies on windows.
Changed door at yellow armor.
Made some changes on the terrain.
Added a bot clip on the door with health, bot have probs with door with health, stay away from using those if possible or seal the area of for bots using a clip!

I *might* upload some screens tomorrow.
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #31 on: 2003-05-13, 14:29 »

Looks nice, and the bots seem to navigate it well.
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #32 on: 2003-06-02, 03:22 »

Looks nice, man. Perhaps I should try to finish my work on.. q1e3m.. uhhh... e3m something, rofl. I can't even remember... sad. Problem is.. I forget where I left off and I remember that I wanted to change something, but I forget what.

Would be nice to have 2 maps under my belt instead of just one... Yes, I think I will try to finish it. Looking at sweet looking remade maps makes me want to finish... Slipgate - Smile

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #33 on: 2003-06-02, 08:07 »

tnx man.
Hehe yea i know sometimes you just don't want to map Slipgate - Smile
yea finish that map spawn, once youve started work on it again things should go much easier.

btw for all u ppls thinking bout mapping the hardest part with mapping is to actually finish the map, once you've released your first map things will go much easier.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: