2024-04-29, 18:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Veteran Recolors  (Read 3568 times)
Gnam

Makron

« on: 2004-04-24, 01:11 »

http://www.geocities.com/chris_gnam/vetera...n_recolored.zip

These are the veteran recolors I rigged up a while ago. I'm not trying to "release" them (the readme is really more of a disclaimer), I really just made them for myself. I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks they're worth the hard drive space. They are not original, but I think they manage to look more Doomish than the veteran skin, which was about as Doomish as it gets in Q3.

If anyone wants to use them that's fine by me. On the flip side if someone's outraged that I "ripped" a fine skin artist's work (I've attempted to absolve myself from any and all credit), I'll gladly take them down.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-24, 01:23 »

Getting a 404 on that one...
I'm sure people will download and use them, but don't count on em getting in the Gen release. There's already quite a few Doom recolors in there, and we'd rather not get too much recolors per model in it, just not worth the added bytes. I've seen the veteran skin, and I can't say I was impressed - nostalgia or no, Kenneth Scott kicks arse :]
Ofcourse, if these recolors kick the shit out of our existing ones, they may well replace our current set. I'll need a working link for that, though ;]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-24, 02:18 »

Oops, it's geocities, so you have to copy the url, and paste it into the address window. If you click the link it won't work untill you go t another page. I forgot cause I was using Get Right when I tested it, which apparently bypasses geocities' outside link protection.

I wasn't expecting it to go in a Gen release, I just put it up in case people wanted to use them. If for some reason you guys did want to put it in Gen that'd be fine with me, but I primarily just made them for my own offline enjoyment.
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2004-04-26, 05:16 »

My gods, I love the Doom64 guy one! Slipgate - Laugh
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #4 on: 2004-04-27, 06:01 »

LOL! The D64 one is in there!? I thought I deleted it! It wasn't finished at all, in fact, I just started it last week and only spent like 5 minutes on it. I didn't think it looked that good, it was really just a test to see if it might work. I think a Doom 64 skin would be cool, but I think to do it justice I would have to start from scratch. The veteran skin doesn't suit it that well IMO. Plus, Id have to learn how to make shaders, cause the blue visor would look cool if done well, but the one in that skin was just a placeholder copped from one of Pappy R's skins. Well, time to edit that pak file.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: