2024-05-02, 03:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Qcon Tourney Doc (fer your perusal)  (Read 3333 times)
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« on: 2004-07-01, 18:34 »

I wanted to post it here before I posted it to the news. Myself & jess have both gone over it, and unless there's any further issues, I'll post it in the news tomorrow.

http://dicion.net/gen_tourney.doc
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2004-07-01, 19:04 »

The last two rounds do not seem fair... what if the map abseloutely sucks for one player, and the other dominates 53 to -4 or something, almost garunteeing no chance of recovery?

For example... one player picks q3dm17, q3tourney4 or gen-q1e1m7 - those maps are horrible for tourney becuase one player can hold the advantage in posistion and items for so long before they get challenged.

Also, there's no mention on spawn protection. Personally, I think g_spawnprotect @ 1 or 2 is optimal, but 3 seconds of invulnerability just gets frustrating in FFA or 1v1. Please tell me spawn protection will be shortened in the tourney, just to get the action going more!

Also, the victory conditions are not definited in the first round. The match system isn't clear either - what is a match? Top 32... does this mean there'll be more than 32 players in the FFA?? Please define what you mean by those terms.

Edit: BTW - for the record, I do agree w/ the barring of Arena during non-random rounds.
« Last Edit: 2004-07-02, 00:19 by Tekhead » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-07-02, 15:44 »

It seems needlessly complicated, and the last two rounds (as Tek said) seem a bit out of place...
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2004-07-14, 19:15 »

This has been sitting for two weeks =p

Update for the players, please?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: