2024-04-20, 10:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFVII: Advent Children (Thoughts?)  (Read 7689 times)
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« on: 2004-07-07, 16:39 »

Advent Children

This ain't no The Spirits Within: It's got everything we loved in one of the best games ever, all set up in a CG-licious DVD movie.

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more publicity. It's got a little cult following that's, dare I say it, as enthusiastic as the Harry Potter movie fans.
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #1 on: 2004-07-07, 16:51 »

You didn't like Spirits Within?  What's wrong with you?
[WaRdeN]

Team Member
Archvile

« Reply #2 on: 2004-07-07, 16:51 »

I just hope they do a decent english conversion. Subtitled would work.
BiGRoB85

Gladiator

« Reply #3 on: 2004-07-08, 17:06 »

Personally, I'd prefer it if they put actual English voices in rather than subtitles.  I feel that it would be an inconvenience to have to read the subtitles and try to see the action on screen at the same time.  However, if they decide to use subtitles, I'll be OK with it.  Either way, I'll definitely consider watching it if they bring it here.

-BigRob85

(Not so) Proudly turning dual gats into BFGs since 2004!
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2004-07-08, 17:14 »

Personally, I think subtitles would be the way to go. The game was made using Japanese dialect, and it should be displayed as such. Remember when Shakira first came out, then started singing in English? There was a great deal of feeling lost in translation which killed the mood in her songs (at least, for me). On another note, if you ever watch dubbed Anime, most of the time the voices sound horrible and don't match the character. I'd say they ought to keep the dialect in Jap while providing subtitles for the fans that don't feel like learning a second (or third... or whatever) language.

Slipgate - Smile
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #5 on: 2004-07-08, 18:43 »

I've always thought the games were seriously overrated. I haven't seen hide nor hair of the movie, though, myself.
« Last Edit: 2004-07-08, 20:35 by Footman » Logged
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #6 on: 2004-08-12, 07:49 »

Mind you, the voice actors for Final Fantasy X transferred pretty well into English, with the stark exception of Yuna.

I trust Square will make make sound decisions when it comes to voice actors. Until then, there's always fansubs.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2004-08-12, 14:54 »

just hope they do a decent english conversion. Subtitled would work

I will happily do a decent english conversion for you :p
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #8 on: 2004-08-12, 17:53 »

You have several thousand angry fanpeople running your way at this moment, GK.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #9 on: 2004-08-13, 00:30 »

It's got everything we loved in one of the best games ever
#1, I hated almost everything about ff7. It was a poor follow-up to 6. Most people think it's the best game ever because it's the first rpg they played.

Moving right along.. Spirits within was decent, most people who didn't like it didn't understand the subject matter. Just like how people bitched up and down about the second and third matrix movies.

Mind you, the voice actors for Final Fantasy X transferred pretty well into English, with the stark exception of Yuna.
and captain pansy-pants party leader.. "Seymour!!" Then again, maybe he was SUPPOSED to sound like an impotent fruit.

Granted, I'm looking forward to the movie, I just hope they spend more time on plot than they do on "omgz he gots a gaint sowrd of pwn!!!1!"

And can we do WITHOUT the sissyroth song this time?

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Kelemvor

« Reply #10 on: 2004-08-13, 05:30 »

NO! I despise FFVII with every fiber of my being.  In my opinion it was one of the worst plots of the series next to that of VIII and IX, but at least VIII had a original system.  In any event... I am not looking forward to this because there are SIGNIFIGANTLY better games in the series they could do a follow up to.  For example, a follow up to VI would be awesome because it would be interesting to see how the world recovered.  But they want to sheer the sheep for all they are worth over at Square-Enix, so they just go with what willl bring the masses in as opposed to giving them something new and original.  I miss the old Squaresoft.... what happened to them?

Edit: fixed a typo
« Last Edit: 2004-08-13, 05:37 by Kelemvor » Logged
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #11 on: 2004-08-13, 08:25 »

Quote from: Angst
#1, I hated almost everything about ff7. It was a poor follow-up to 6.
Banging Head against Wall

Was any FF supposed to be a follow up to the previous game EVER?!
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #12 on: 2004-08-13, 09:08 »

Quote from: Assamite

Final Fantasy X-2.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #13 on: 2004-08-13, 15:07 »

Quote from: Assamite

That wasn't his point.
I liked FF 7 (and no, it wasn't the first RPG I played :p )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: