2024-04-29, 18:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggested Maps for any release  (Read 3474 times)
JLMode

Spectre

« on: 2004-07-26, 05:00 »

This map is on my "top 3 list"; "LASTARENA" by GRUDGE, it's like an
abandoned huge temple, where the sky resembles to much to the one on
D2E1M1 "entryway". The gameplay on this is awesome, with lots of details,
and the nicest architecture on a map, this definely has to be among your
favorite maps for the game.
JLMode

Spectre

« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-10, 20:02 »

Whut da??? Can't even post some cool map screenshots in here!!!!&*%$.... Nevermind, i'm not mad, just want to recommend ya to download dis maps and play some of em. The first five are really cool, in fact the first three, since i can't post the screenshots here for a reason, at least i strongly recommend ya to go to http://www.map-center.com/ and download 'em, the other are okay, for all the Doom fans, memento mori will definally apply to the Doom theme, the last arena definelly is breathtakin, the other two map-katdm3.pk3 and map-katdm5.pk3 are and underground cave theme, absolutelly cool!!!!, just give dis a look, theyre worth a while. See ya...

mrh_dm2.pk3   P R A Y E R S  N E S T  I I  -  P R A Y  A G A I N (Really Cool!!!)
lastarena.pk3   THE LAST ARENA by Grudge (Really Really Really Really Cool!!!)
map-katdm3.pk3   INNER SANCTUM by ken 'kat' beyer (Really Really Cool!!!)
map-katdm5.pk3   MIDNIGHT by ken 'kat' beyer (Really Really Cool!!!)
almdm1.pk3.pk3   Power Metal by Daniel '4LM05T' Alm (Cool!!!)
map-badmojo.pk3   Bad Mojo by GONNAKILLYA! (Kinda Cool!!!)
harshg.pk3                        harshgCTF (Kinda Cool!!!)
q3shw15.pk3   Wysokie napi?cie II (beta) by Shadow (Cool!!!)
q3shw14.pk3   Memento mori  by Shadow (Kinda Cool!!!)
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2004-08-10, 20:39 »

well, this suggestion IS a tad late, but I'll get downloading to see what's the fuss.

edit:
map-center requires registration, and I don't have the time, I'll see what I can do later.
« Last Edit: 2004-08-10, 22:29 by Angst » Logged

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2004-08-18, 02:32 »

Sure, I'll scope out these maps after my machine is done with the virus scan. Odds are I've looked at them since I have checked that site out, but even if so I'll give them a second look. Personally, I'd like to find a mew maps that might replace the chicken CTF pack that's included with gen, but that's me =]
« Last Edit: 2004-08-18, 02:33 by Tekhead » Logged
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2004-08-18, 05:50 »

Well, I did try them all. Personally, a lot of these maps are extremely wide open as if they were made for Rocket Arena, and I do no tthink they would be suitable for Gen.

--------------------

However, q3shw14 looked interesting enough, as did mrh_dm2.

q3shw15's layout looks more fitting for a Jedi Knight II game rather than Quake.

The last arena map is very good looking, but is also very flat, which I feel would lead to linear and dull gameplay.

Badmojo is gimmicky, and probably plays the same way.

Alm3dm1 looks like it has potential, but the bulk of the powerful items are in the outside area. The item balance is really lopsided in that area, and encourages camping.

The kat maps had interesting rocky walls and terrain, but that's about it.

Harshg just looks bland to me. Interesting experiment on non-symmetrical CTF bases though.

--------------------

I would suggest to others to try out mrh_dm2 for themselves as an Arena map - I feel this one has the most potential out of all of them. Second to this map is q3shw14, which has a very strong Quake1 presence in structure and in looks. The rest, I do not recommend for Generations gameplay.
« Last Edit: 2004-08-18, 05:50 by Tekhead » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: