2024-03-29, 01:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Difficulty changing controls?  (Read 3622 times)
Venomhp1

« on: 2004-08-13, 22:36 »

I love generations, but when I am in a game, and I bring up the controls menu, I have some issues. When i tried to change the controls for "move left" (strafe left) to the left key, the option flashed red like it should, but it  freezes there for a bit, and the mouse stops working i the menu. If I am able to get out of the menu, I will have lost the use of my mouse.

I have found a way to get around this- just press cntrl-alt-del to remind windows it does have a mouse, close the task menu and you back in the game with your mouse again- I just thought I would report the issue.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-14, 00:11 »

We appreciate the feedback there.  Our menu system is currently unfinished and may be completely redone in the future, so we do have some known glitches there.  For now I'd recommend using the /bind command from the console for movement setup, or you can just modify the following statements in your q3config.cfg file prior to starting Generations.  Substitute the appropriate letter for the key you wish to use.

bind a "+moveleft"
bind c "+movedown"
bind d "+moveright"
bind w "+forward"

For special weapons binds we recommend editing the class-based config files (doom.cfg, strogg.cfg, etc) as the number keys 1 - 0 and the "g" key (for hand grenades) get overwritten each time you change classes.  Later down the road we'll make all of this accessible through the menu system.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: