2024-04-29, 18:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ring of Shadows  (Read 3440 times)
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« on: 2004-09-09, 09:24 »

I was browsing through the pk3, and I happened upon the .tga file for the Ring of Shadows glow.

Now I recall that in the original (long) powerups thread, some including the skin's creator tried to guess what the text says.

It's pretty damn simple. It states, in English, but VERY stylized, a variation the famous line:

"One ?????? to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them"

Now, I have no clear idea what the second word actually says, but it looks like "Generation". Now, when Tab said "don't ask me"... He probably knew what it said all along.  Slipgate - Ownage

So there you have it.

Slipgate - Off Topic BTW, Pho, D-Knight's chatfile has entries for "rail_kill" (or something like that)... but as a Slipgater, it doesn't have any equivalent to the RG. Thus, the entries are entirely extraneous unless you put it in VQ3. Could you change things around in regard to that?
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-09-09, 13:11 »

The skin's creator (namely: me) never tried to guess anything, because he manually typed that text ;]
But congrats on finding out, you're among the few enlightened ones now. That is, until they read this thread :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-09-09, 14:00 »

I am aware of the chat references.  I was merely being systematic when I created those to ensure no errors from the code since I've not explored the bot ai routines much.  All of this can be modified later.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-09-09, 17:14 »

And, in case you didn't catch that, it was ofcourse a reference to the (at that time) rather obvious Slippy balance issues :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #4 on: 2004-09-09, 20:44 »

Wow, never noticed that. Nice one, Assamite! Thumbs up!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: