2024-04-28, 19:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Anyone Seen The Matrix Reloaded Yet? (And If So, Post Your Feelings About It..)  (Read 19048 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2003-05-26, 23:14 »

Quote from: games keeper
1)how come the boy flies of the wires when they put on the power .

High-voltage will do that.  It's high amperage that grabs you and clamps you down.

2)at every moment in the film you can feel and here the T-rex from miles away.  and when at the end of the movie the litlle deinonygus gets eaten by the him . it pops up from out of nowhere.

If you heard it, it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?  The raptors were being noisy anyway

3)th girl hides herself in the oven. and the dinosaur sees it. and runs to it.
how come my cat doesnt see himself in the mirror ( I know birds can but other animals  Doom - Huh?  )

That was a reflection the dino ran into, not the oven.  Cats can see themselves in the mirror, they just ignore the reflection because it has no smell.

4)also in the kitchen. why dont the little animals just smell where the children are instead of looking for them .

They did sniff the air, but you still have to be line of sight to kill something, unless you have a grenade.

5)the program where the girl locks the doors with . looks very weird I think.

It's part of the script.

7)the boy isnt doing anything when the girl is on the Pc and the adults are blockig the door.
at that point the guy wants to grab the gun but he cant .
why cant the boy give him the gun.

He's a little boy, and he was scared.  It was also part of the script.  Also on the phone with Hammond you could hear gunshots.  It obviously didn't stop the raptor.  And what happened to 6? Slipgate - Tongue [/color]

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #21 on: 2003-05-27, 16:09 »

boy cant fly of the wire.
1) the guy is only toughing the wire and all the wires are L1 and not 1 is N and he isnt toughing it .
 its the same as toughing 1 telephonewire , nothing happens .
else all the birds who sit on them would be screwed to ashes .
2) if there would be 10000 V on it . dont expect to fall of .
you will stick to it because all your muscles cramp together and your fingers will even grab the wires even harder.  = guy cant fly of .
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #22 on: 2003-05-27, 20:25 »

Here's and interesting link which pertains to the topic  Slipgate - Wink
pepe

Shambler

« Reply #23 on: 2003-05-29, 12:18 »

the dinosaurs in jurrasic park are nice pho

whats not nice is when you have a stunt and you see that its supposed to look like keeanu but the went and CG:d it instead that spoils it for me

and as far as stopmotion goes i liked the way the thing luke rode on hoth moved before lukas touched it up

granted not all special effects were good back then but the almost extensive use of computers in the newer movies is worse

spoiled or not i think it looks flat and it doesnt make me feel awe at the grand setting it just makes me think nice prerendered background

and having actors walking trough a totaly generated background makes them loose their sense of beeing in the film wich makes theor acting poorer imo

you may not agree with me but this is my wiew of the matter
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #24 on: 2003-06-04, 08:09 »

I thought it was alright. I mean, there was 20 minutes if Neo banging Trinity that was wholly unessesary. I mean please. And the whole dance scene. Whatever. Morbious makes a speech, everyone's excited...whatever.

"WE WILL FIGHT, WE ARE NOT AFRAID! .......but first let's have a 20 minute orgy."

Wrong! I think the director has a problem if he thinks a 20 minute sex scene fits in with the matrix. Maybe on the dvd they will have the "Play movie without the useless phucking"  I do think I present a good point, know?

Beer? I'm down.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #25 on: 2003-06-04, 11:49 »

yea some scenes where stretched waaay to long .
the 1 vs 100 scene was actually a bit to long , the orgie to and also the fight against the frenchdude hengemen  in the weaponroom.
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #26 on: 2003-06-04, 17:00 »

Quote from: games keeper
yea some scenes where stretched waaay to long .
the 1 vs 100 scene was actually a bit to long , the orgie to and also the fight against the frenchdude hengemen  in the weaponroom.
spork no.. not the fight in the weaponroom.. i thought that was like the best fight in the film.. just the right length.. plus it was the first 'matrix' fight where weapons were used extensively... that was cool in itself.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #27 on: 2003-06-04, 19:27 »

I liked the agent Smiths scene. It was absolutely hilarious the way Neo was hitting them with a pole.  :lol:  :lol:

Beer? I'm down.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #28 on: 2003-06-05, 00:33 »

seen it. Good action, but I didn't like the movie for itself. Bad layout of scenes, tension buildup gave me that 'stay tuned and spend more money on our broadcasts'-televisionshow feeling (which I hate Slipgate - Wink).
I loved the fighting scenes, even though they were a bit lengthy, and the scene where neo&trinity's love for eachother is supposedly expressed in a wild sex-scene completely fails to achieve this effect for me.

The added complexity to the story, philosophy and enigma of 'the matrix' is what I liked best about this movie. Where The Matrix was rather simple and the prophecy seemed a bit 'too-good-to-be-true'. Reloaded sort of stripped the fairy tale away and added a harsh, yet deep layer to the story.
Most notably the scene with the Architect, where Neo (and the viewer) gets the facts shoved up his arse, and the scene where Neo feels the sentinels were the highlights of this movie. The latter opening up a fresh discussion about the possibility of layered matrices (recursion can go a LONG way Slipgate - Smile).

P.S. What is toughing a wire? Sounds erotic...
P.P.S And the bit about birds getting screwed to ashes.. sounds like phoenix to me.. only in an erotic sense (again) (and that can't be good)
« Last Edit: 2003-06-05, 00:45 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #29 on: 2003-06-05, 12:40 »

boy cant fly off the wire.
1) the guy is only touching the wire and all the wires are L1 and not 1 is N and he isnt toughing it .
its the same as touching 1 telephonewire , nothing happens .
else all the birds who sit on them would be screwed to ashes

Actually, it was like an electrified fence, ever touch one of those?
The whole fence isnt electrified due to the fact all the chain links are not making solid contact so many electrified lines run through the fence. Though this is not the case here
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #30 on: 2003-06-05, 18:47 »

lillaz my point here is.
if you touch an electrified fence and your in midair while you touch it. you dont feel a thing.

see it like this .
if you have a battery for the fence his power.
the fence would be the + and the ground would be the -
and you cant let a lamp work without 1 of the 2 .
so if you only touch the fece (like the boy did , you cant fell shit .

if I  would live in your neighberhood and there was a fence there I would proof it to you (only the one where i only touch the fence and not the ground. )
although I have to say that I did do a game with my friends wich was holding on an electrified line for as ling as possible . 12V
I won it with 36 seconds . Slipgate - Smile
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #31 on: 2003-06-05, 19:14 »

pho just explained what happened. read the posts people! :]

Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #32 on: 2003-06-05, 20:43 »

Games, ussually when you touch an object your body is making contact with at least one other item, a fence....2-4 points of contact/grip, as for the boy in JP, he had both hands and both feet making contact......boom, also, military fences have a tendecy to run the live wires through the razor wire at the top of the fence, since chain link makes a poor conductor, as not all the links in the fence are making solid contact with each other, meaning once you try to get over the top your still getting zapped, and your off the ground

btw: pho stated what high voltage can do to you
« Last Edit: 2003-06-05, 20:44 by Lilazzkicker » Logged
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #33 on: 2003-06-05, 21:08 »

Quote from: Lilazzkicker
btw: pho stated what high voltage can do to you
Sadly, i must agree with Gameskeeper in this one.. as much as i dont want to..

Holding a High voltage wire will do nothing to you if there is not a place for that voltage to flow..  his 'birds on a power wire' is actually a great example...

So if the entire fence in JP was electrified at the same voltage, then no.. nothing would have happened to him up there... voltage doesnt do anything.. current is what shocks,throws, etc... I work on high voltage systems all the time.. and if you're, for example, on a wooden ladder, you can grab all the 600v lines you want.. as long as thats ALL you grab... ANY potential difference will cause current. EG, dont grab a 600V line and a 400V line..
there's still 200V potential between them... As with electric fences.. they have the X volt line.. and the ground... ground is ground, 0v, reference...

If you dont believe me, i will gladly demonstrate sometime... i'll even do it on our 300AMP rectifier systems at my workplace for you.... or you can do this yourself (dont try this at home if you're stupid)

1) get insulating metereal. rubber mat, wooden ladder, etc etc
2) grab Positive terminal on you're car battery

Congradulations.. your body is now +12v while you're holding that terminal.. if you were to touch the car body, ground, or almost ANYTHING else.. you would be zapped, possibly killed... but as long as you're insulated.. you're fine

If you doubt me, come to quakecon, and i will show you Slipgate - Smile

you can also hold a drop of liquid nitrogen in your hand, even in your mouth on your tounge... and not get injured... that's next week..

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #34 on: 2003-06-05, 21:47 »

i don't doubt you're right - but for the sake of this case - i'm assuming that the jurrasic-park architect came up with a clever futuristic way of dealing with this, since  they'd obviously wanted to prevent dino's from climbing over the fences ;]

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #35 on: 2003-06-06, 03:04 »

You're all forgetting that raptors can leap, so just charging the fence with a single line that shorts to ground (typical electric fence) would NOT work.  Yes I'm well aware that birds can perch on a power line, but only a SINGLE power line.  They've had a lot of ospreys and other birds of prey killed because the birds would nest on top of the poles, and when they'd try to land sometimes their wings would touch TWO power lines.  That completes a circuit, with the poor bird being the short.  This is also why newer power poles have the lines running above one another instead of side-by-side.  

Electricity takes the path of least resistance, but it will also take any path available, otherwise electronic circuits would not work at all if a resistor was put across two wires.  If you want proof just stick your finger in a light socket and see what happens.  As for the fence if you notice it's made of multiple lines, with non-conducting tension mesh running through it to keep them from touching each other and also acting as a physical barrier.  The boy was touching more than one, same situation as the bird touching two power lines.  That means he was completing a circuit between the line he was holding with his hands, and the line he was touching with his feet.  A high voltage spike through the body will cause you to convulse.  People have been thrown across a room with as little as 110 volts from a wall socket.  10,000 volts would be more than enough to do this to a small boy.  The current in these lines was undoubtedly strong enough to stop his heart, but he wasn't held in place long enough for the high voltage to depolarize his central nervous system, which is how the electric chair works.  That's why the paleontologist was able to revive him with CPR.  Amperage stops the heart, high voltage without amperage to back it up only shocks unless it goes through the entire body.  Otherwise stun guns and the small tesla coils and van de graff generators used in science classrooms would be lethal.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #36 on: 2003-06-06, 16:06 »

The boy was touching more than one wire
if you see good you would see that all those wires are connected to eachother with vetical wires. Slipgate - Wink

goddamnit all of you .
go look at the movie .
if you look good ad the wires you see that there all connected to eachother . so there all + and so the ground has to be - no other way .
th boy cant fly of .

now all go watch the movie and just say
"yes games keeper youre right , it is a fault in the movie "

that the raptors can leap thats also a fault then in the movie .
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #37 on: 2003-06-06, 16:17 »

the wires are connected vertically, sure - but it's not like you can see WHAT they're connected with? Could it perhaps be some kind of kevlar/rubber that doesn't create a circuit? Yes it could! Now why didn't I think of that - oh wait, I just did :]

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #38 on: 2003-06-06, 21:16 »

goddamnit guys go see the movie again .

I am right, you guys are wrong thats it .
« Last Edit: 2003-06-06, 21:16 by games keeper » Logged
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #39 on: 2003-06-06, 22:10 »

GK, all it would takes to connect the vertical wires is a non conductive material.

End of Topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: