2024-04-28, 07:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Anyone Seen The Matrix Reloaded Yet? (And If So, Post Your Feelings About It..)  (Read 19034 times)
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« on: 2003-05-15, 15:44 »

I'm probably going to go see it some time next week myself  Thumbs up!
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2003-05-15, 16:11 »

I wanna see 2
Demonwench

Hans Grosse

« Reply #2 on: 2003-05-15, 17:20 »

I'm going to see it soon as I'm done wtih my hell week of finals...I swear they're trying to kill us this year!!  6 finals!!
[WaRdeN]

Team Member
Archvile

« Reply #3 on: 2003-05-15, 18:06 »

Saw it May 14th, awesome. Got a little cartoonish/corney at times with the wire-fu but that's what wire-fu is... Hopefully plan on seeing it again this weekend with my Dad.

BTW

Watch through the end of the credits, you wont be sorry.
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #4 on: 2003-05-15, 18:46 »

Got a little cartoonish/corney at times

Yes, I thought the part where Neo was fighting the multiple Agent Smiths in the preview looked a little cartoony myself.

Watch through the end of the credits, you wont be sorry.

Ah yes, the Revolutions trailer?  Slipgate - Laugh

I think I?m anticipating the release of the Animatrix as much as I am about seeing Reloaded? I?ve seen six of the ten thus far, and I have been pretty impressed.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2003-05-15, 21:10 »

I agree with ward. Was really fun
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2003-05-24, 16:02 »

it was a good movie .
matrix 1 is still better.
but then again.

still dont get a part.

the part when neo is fighting all those agents
there is an agent looking trough the fence.
other agent appears and agent 1 is saying" you? "
agent 2 "yes me "
and he changes the agent into an agent ?????
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #7 on: 2003-05-24, 18:14 »

As I understand it games keeper (I still haven't seen the movie though, DAMNIT!) Smith is a virus, thus he "infects" other agents... I think
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #8 on: 2003-05-25, 03:46 »

saw it today.. kicked ass..  im starting to wonder whats going on with CG, some cg companies are doing an AWESOME job.. (saw the second harry potter movie today too, the little slave elf dabu or whatever, COMEPLETELY convinced me he was in the movie.. LOTR with gollum also comes to mind with convincing CG.. ) but others cant seem to do as well.. (certain scenes in this movie, and spider man come to mind here).. so i dont know.. otherwise, it was an AWESOME movie.. and im looking forward to the end of the story..

oh.. and small spoiler, my favorite part was how the architect told him he couldnt save trinity no matter what.. then neo took off at like warp9 and saved her anyway... although it kinda gives away that he is going to win the war in revolutions...
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #9 on: 2003-05-25, 04:50 »

I saw a preview for The Hulk today... That was some really ugly CG (Blade II comes to mind as well) Slipgate - Sad
« Last Edit: 2003-05-25, 04:53 by dev/null » Logged
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2003-05-25, 13:21 »

the part weir the hulk swigs away the tank is sporking weird .
and spiderman was a bad movie .
the cartoons where much better.

and the best part about the matrix I thought was that  he could feel the robots at the end (and ofcours the speedway fight )
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #11 on: 2003-05-25, 19:37 »

why do they keep makin movies about super heroes anyway?  :unsure:
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #12 on: 2003-05-25, 21:45 »

Probably because they hope one of them will be as good as Blade or X-Men (Haven't seen X2 yet) Slipgate - Tongue
pepe

Shambler

« Reply #13 on: 2003-05-25, 22:02 »

i was actually quite disappointed after matrix2

it felt like it was an afterthought the whole film just because the first was a huge succes

the logical errors in the plot grows and the computeranimation sucked
id say that hollywood should leave the wire-fu to hong-kong and golden harvest instead

and even though gollum is ok and the little house elf dobby isnt half bad
computer animation and bluescreen are the devil of special effects

it ruins the mood most of the time (and the acting gets less belivable since the actors dont generate a feeling of prescense, like in the newer starwars movies were some scenes are all bluescreen)
and you cant computer animate one of the actors and make it look belivable
the scene with multiple smiths are way to long
its almost as long and corny as the final fight in the motion picture "fist of the north star" where they duke it out for a solid half hour

all in all i dont know if ill see revolutions at the cinema i may just rent it because im not all that crazy about this sequel so i doubt ill like the next one
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #14 on: 2003-05-26, 05:59 »

From a modeler's standpoint I thought the CG is excellent.  What's everyone bitching about?  The fact that they can CG believable human and animal characters is amazing to me, considering the complexity of it.  First time I saw Jurassic Park I got weepy, it's been 65 million years or so since those wondrous creatures walked this world and that's the first time I've seen anything even CLOSE to believable for an on-screen representation, and that was how many years ago they filmed that?  Some work was puppetry, some was CG, but it looked GOOD.  Look at what they're doing for Halflife and Doom 3, and those are GAMES!  I remember all the old cheesy black and white dinosaur movies where everything was clay animation and it looked so horrible, everything about them was wrong, and it disgusted me.  How about the string and wire Dracula bats, hmm?  Would you rather go back to that kind of stuff?  Granted not all CG is perfect, but my attitude is if you can do any better then go get hired and do so, otherwise STFU, sit back, and just enjoy the damned movie.  I swear you people are so flocking spoiled.  Quit being so critical about the effects and appreciate what these people can do!

Oh yes, Matrix.  End of rant, I thought it was good, althought I think the stuff in Zion was a tad slow, and they certainly could have done with a bit LESS skin exposure.  Some of the parts of the movie raised quite a few questions which I'm sure will be answered in the third installment, such as HOW could Neo do what he did at the end of the film?  (won't say what so I don't spoil it for people)  I really look forward to seeing THAT answered in particular. :ph34r:

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #15 on: 2003-05-26, 08:32 »

iv'e not seen matrix reloaded but about CG graphics i dont understand why ppls bitch about those CG effects....they make the movie a hell lota better than it whould be with minatyrs, or "dolls" i rember when star wars ep.1 was released, i enjoyed the CG effects but it seems like ppls hate it..why?
Arno

Cacodemon

« Reply #16 on: 2003-05-26, 11:44 »

The scene where Neo fights the 100 Agent Smith's is amazing. It felt like a roller-coaster ride. I enjoyed every second of it. The CG was actually excellent. It's the fact that 100 copies of the same person looks unnatural and therefor people think the CG was bad. But the CG was one of the best I've seen. Just because something looks impossible doesn't mean it looks fake.

Apart from all the great special effects, I enjoyed the philosophical discussions in the movie as well. Especially the conversation with the Architect really brought a new dimension to the story.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #17 on: 2003-05-26, 16:17 »

First time I saw Jurassic Park I got weepy, ..
they gave the film last night again.
and I still like the effects in it. but I saw some
freaky weird stuff in the movie.

1)how come the boy flies of the wires when they put on the power .
2)at every moment in the film you can feel and here the T-rex from miles away.
and when at the end of the movie the litlle deinonygus gets eaten by the him . it pops up from out of nowhere.
3)th girl hides herself in the oven. and the dinosaur sees it. and runs to it.
how come my cat doesnt see himself in the mirror ( I know birds can but other animals  Doom - Huh?  )
4)also in the kitchen. why dont the little animals just smell where the children are instead of looking for them .
5)the program where the girl locks the doors with . looks very weird I think.
7)the boy isnt doing anything when the girl is on the Pc and the adults are blockig the door.
at that point the guy wants to grab the gun but he cant .
why cant the boy give him the gun.

about the matrix . yes hats a question i want to know and also theother 1 I mentioned before .
« Last Edit: 2003-05-26, 16:17 by games keeper » Logged
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #18 on: 2003-05-26, 18:03 »

scenes i was thinking of were the flight scene.. and right before neo takes off after fighting the 1000 agents.. something was off, i dont think it was the modelling, but maybe the texturing on his jacket looked wrong.. not quite sure was it was.. but it looked a bit weird..
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #19 on: 2003-05-26, 18:31 »

Phoenix, the special effects in all three Jurassic Parks were great (even if the plot in III was lame). But that?s because no one has ever actually seen a dinosaur before (I?m still a fan of the feathered theory myself), while we see humans every day. I don?t think computers are able to create a seemingly fluid range of humanoid movements to fool most people into believing it?s real. That?s what separates those points.
« Last Edit: 2003-05-26, 18:31 by dev/null » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: