2024-04-26, 08:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Super Heros Movie Thread.. (I'm a nerd...STFU!)  (Read 8772 times)
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« on: 2004-12-01, 20:17 »

http://www.superherohype.com/ff/

This week will shall discuss the new Fantastic Four movie which is slated for July 2005 starring:

Loan Gruffudd    ....    Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic
Michael Chiklis   ....    Ben Grimm/The Thing
Jessica Alba   ....    Susan Storm/The Invisible Woman
Chris Evans   ....    Johnny Storm/The Human Torch
Julian McMahon   ....    Victor Von Doom/Doctor Doom
Kerry Washington   ....    Alicia Masters

The old one made back in the lates 80's sucked. I hope they will do it justice too. Also, there is supposed to be X2/FF crossover eye candy with cameos. Kick ass! Slipgate - Laugh

Beer? I'm down.
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2004-12-01, 20:56 »

Quote from: DaMan McDeth 666

The old one made back in the lates 80's sucked.
I never knew there was one in the 80's. It must have been bad.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #2 on: 2004-12-01, 23:35 »

Oh...it was. They made a lot of those...The Punisher, Captain America, Nick Fury, and of course the sucky FF movie which featured the Mole AND Dr. Doom. The problem was they put too much history of the character in one movie. They needed to modifty the story line a bit to fit the time alotted and to be more "noob" friendly. I.E. the more modern superhero movies.

Beer? I'm down.
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2004-12-01, 23:42 »

the FF one and the Nick Fury one probubly never got to the UK. I remember seeing the Cap one. Quite liked that. I was fitting a new nut to a guitar and watching the film at the same time in my workshop. He didn't seem to wear the suit very much though, from what I saw, but only 10% of my mind was on it.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #4 on: 2004-12-01, 23:46 »

Quote from: shambler
I remember seeing the Cap one. Quite liked that.
Were you stoned?

Beer? I'm down.
lord_malchia

« Reply #5 on: 2004-12-02, 04:15 »

Oh goodie, more butchered franchised on the way! With the exception of the first Blade and X-Men movies, comic based films have done nothing but please people ignorant of the series. Of course, really, that lack of relation to the comic is probably why the first Blade was as decent as it was, since the comics SUCK.

Of course, pretty much anything coming out of Hollywood today is plagues by these problems, that's why my DVD collection is comprised 90% of independant films.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2004-12-02, 04:38 »

Perhaps that collection could be complimented by a dictionary and thesaurus.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
lord_malchia

« Reply #7 on: 2004-12-02, 06:13 »

Excuse me if I accidentally placed an S instead of a D on a few occasions. It's called a typo, not a lack of diction or failing vocabulary. You know, every time I post in these forums I receive nothing but hostility. I did not insult nor attack anyone, I merely presented my opinion... Opinions which most people not bought off by the movie industry tend to agree with, I'm sure. Perhaps you?re merely angry that I unmasked the lack of creativity to be found in movies that you love?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2004-12-02, 06:40 »

Everyone cool off please.  This is not Controversy Corner.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2004-12-02, 07:04 »

Jessica Alba .... Susan Storm/The Invisible Woman

Nothing that has Jessica Alba in a skin-tight outfit for most of the show can be all bad.

Hell, it might even be good. Slipgate - Wink
lord_malchia

« Reply #10 on: 2004-12-02, 07:43 »

Quote from: ConfusedUs
Nothing that has Jessica Alba in a skin-tight outfit for most of the show can be all bad.
Honey.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #11 on: 2004-12-02, 10:21 »

Quote from: lord_malchia
Oh goodie, more butchered franchised on the way! With the exception of the first Blade and X-Men movies, comic based films have done nothing but please people ignorant of the series. Of course, really, that lack of relation to the comic is probably why the first Blade was as decent as it was, since the comics SUCK.

Of course, pretty much anything coming out of Hollywood today is plagues by these problems, that's why my DVD collection is comprised 90% of independant films.
Excuse me for a bit, but I assumed this to be a discussion based on the upcoming kickass Fantasic Four flick not some political rant about Hollywood's undying douche baggery revolving around its past snafus. I would like to see you write a script for a superhero movie relating it to the comic that is under 4 hours? I also challenge you, Lord Malchia, to explain to me how comicbook characters could even exist outside of commericalism?

Anyway, now that I've had my piece, a view pics for your viewing pleasure...

www.lethalwrestling.com/upload/f41.jpg]http://www.lethalwrestling.com/upload/f41..../upload/f41.jpg

Old FF movie that really sucked birdy balls. Although Thing's costume isn't TOO bad in this one...

http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/thet...thingpeople.jpg

Better costume for the thing here however. Much better. Who would have thought that "The Commish" was going to be playing "The Thing"?

http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/ffnewsue.jpg

For you Malchia and Con....

http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/ffnewjohnny.jpg

"Flame on!" as opposed to the old movie's "I'm flamming!"

www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/ffnewmrf.jpg]http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/ffn...es/ffnewmrf.jpg

"Mr. Fantastic has been reported to say 'spork stretch arm strong,' and pissing on his grave" GG Reed Richards.

and of course, every superhero team needs a villian...

www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Fantastic_Four/The_Movie/Movie_Stills&img=]http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin/image...vie_Stills&img=

Dr. Victor Van Doom! One of my favorite Marvel villians of all time. Magneto takes first however...

I'm excited.
« Last Edit: 2004-12-02, 10:28 by DaMan McDeth 666 » Logged

Beer? I'm down.
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #12 on: 2004-12-02, 18:10 »

This could be a good film,  but I get the impression it will be a kind of copy of the Xmen. I've read comics for all my life, and always read Xmen, but thought that the FF were too squecky clean for my taste.

They all seemed to be so well adjusted. Even the thing.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #13 on: 2004-12-03, 00:30 »

The next movie under discussion was one that has been released this last week. That's right kiddos, I am talking about Spider-man 2.

The cast:

Tobey Maguire   ....    Spider-Man/Peter Parker
Kirsten Dunst   ....    Mary Jane Watson
James Franco   ....    Harry Osborn
Alfred Molina   ....    Doc Ock/Dr. Otto Octavius
Rosemary Harris   ....    May Parker
J.K. Simmons   ....    J. Jonah Jameson
Donna Murphy   ....    Rosalie Octavius
Daniel Gillies   ....    John Jameson
Dylan Baker   ....    Dr. Curt Connors
Bill Nunn   ....    Joseph 'Robbie' Robertson
Vanessa Ferlito   ....    Louise
Aasif Mandvi   ....    Mr. Aziz
Willem Dafoe   ....    Green Goblin/Norman Osborn
Cliff Robertson   ....    Ben Parker
Ted Raimi   ....    Hoffman

A host of stars of course, but were they all necessary? Should there have been deeper aspects to this movie? (AKA should the Venom symbiote have come back to Earth with John Jameson?) Discuss.

Beer? I'm down.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #14 on: 2004-12-03, 01:38 »

Actually, there's what? 3 origin plotlines involving Venom? I think they're considering one of them for the next Spidey movie. Probably the genetically-engineered slime one.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
lord_malchia

« Reply #15 on: 2004-12-03, 06:53 »

Venom would be an interesting villain to see on the big screen, that's for sure. But I doubt he'll be anything more than some lame CGI. Sam Raimi has done nothing but disappoint with the Spider-man films, especially considering his awesome track record with the Evil Dead trilogy and the first Darkman (among others, obviously). Other than just that though, I've always thought that the actors cast for Peter Parker and Mary Jane were a horrible selection... Then again, Kirsten Dunst will always be a terrible actress (the one exception being Interview with the Vampire).
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #16 on: 2004-12-03, 08:38 »

I can agree Malchia. The problem with doing the whole Venom thing is that you will end up with a moronic CGI fest that will make the Snafu with the Hulk pale in comparison. I want to see them work the technology better before they do that and in the meantime go with the Hobgoblin/Sandman/Lizard storyline that was being worked on. Any other ideas?

Beer? I'm down.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #17 on: 2004-12-03, 11:05 »

Quote from: DaMan McDeth 666
Old FF movie that really sucked birdy balls.
Slipgate - Off Topic  That's rather difficult to do, seeing that we locate ours internally, just under the kidneys. Slipgate - Off Topic

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #18 on: 2004-12-03, 14:39 »

I'm looking forward to an Ironman film. Anybody know if there will be one? or Typhyoid Mary in the next DD film?
lord_malchia

« Reply #19 on: 2004-12-04, 01:23 »

I had heard a rumor not too long ago that Tom Cruise would be starring in an upcoming Ironman film. Whether this is true or not I cannot say, but I think he'd be a decent enough choice. Ironman's alter ego is a rich playboy after all Slipgate - Tongue

If I had any hope for Hollywood films, I'd greatly like to see a Silver Surfer movie. But that, above anything else, would be horrible in the wrong hands... Mainly the kind of hands that like overusing CGI.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: