2024-03-28, 18:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: More "Blame the Game" (Let's see what YOU say)  (Read 12404 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2005-01-12, 07:46 »

http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,662...tw=wn_tophead_1

Taylor also said that after reviewing Quake III he had trouble getting his mind out of the game.

"I'd play it, then walk out into the office corridor and realize I was looking at my co-workers as potential targets," said Taylor. "I was so used to killing anything that moved."
Here we go again, yet more attempts to demonize video games.  Utterly preposterous if you ask me, I do not have this trouble at all, and I don't think anyone else does but I'd rather see what you all have to say.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2005-01-12, 07:48 »

In all fairness i know what hes talking about.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2005-01-12, 08:49 »

Where's a gauntlet when you need it?
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2005-01-12, 13:44 »

I got that 2 , but I dont need a game to get that feeling .
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2005-01-12, 13:48 »

I see LUCY EVERYWHERE - the END is upon us!

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2005-01-12, 20:04 »

Get out of McDonald's Tabun - it's making you slightly delusional.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2005-01-12, 20:13 »

Multiple Choice Challenge for Tekhead:

A. Tabun is slightly delusional because he ate a McChicken Au Dioxine.
B. Tabun lives in America and simply states an observation (shortly after being sat on).
C. Tabun was born slightly delusional and hasn't touched McDonalds food in many, many years anyhow.

*insert jolly jingle here*

And remember, your mileage may vary!

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2005-01-12, 21:15 »

Bah, the inability to tell fact from fiction is a side effect of lazy mental practices.

Honestly, I may find myself wondering how I could render an effect I see in real life; that doesn't mean I walk around seeing everyone as a potential chainsaw victim.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #8 on: 2005-01-12, 22:43 »

ok , I admit , since I played worms 2 again ,I got a fear for bananas ,supersheeps and donkeys .

I blame it on the game. and yes i threw a banana at my teacher .
lord_malchia

« Reply #9 on: 2005-01-13, 02:26 »

They?re not really blaming anything on video games; you took that quote out of context. They also make reference to shaking tree due to playing Animal Crossing, a perfectly harmless (yet awesomely addictive) communications game. It?s obvious that this guy is joking more so than anything, and it?s not even funny at that, yet as always the patrons of these forums become up in arms. You guys take things way too seriously and need to learn how to merely enjoy life.
« Last Edit: 2005-01-13, 02:30 by lord_malchia » Logged
Woolie Wool

Tank Commander

« Reply #10 on: 2005-01-13, 21:37 »

Quote from: Phoenix
http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,662...tw=wn_tophead_1

Taylor also said that after reviewing Quake III he had trouble getting his mind out of the game.

"I'd play it, then walk out into the office corridor and realize I was looking at my co-workers as potential targets," said Taylor. "I was so used to killing anything that moved."
Here we go again, yet more attempts to demonize video games.  Utterly preposterous if you ask me, I do not have this trouble at all, and I don't think anyone else does but I'd rather see what you all have to say.
I have to say...

Jesus Christ in the morning, how can they believe this shit? At least 15 million people (and that's EXTREMELY low-end) have played FPS games and 99.99% of them have never taken a human life. If you had an all-night gaming session while dead piss drunk, you might have a hard time pulling your mind away, but if your brain is functional, you won't have this problem.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #11 on: 2005-01-13, 23:10 »

lord_malchia, what you say is true, but those kinds of things can be very easily taken out of context and used for something not so lighthearted.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2005-01-14, 01:36 »

It's also at the very end of the article, which is what stays in a person's mind after they finish reading.  I'm no dotard when it comes to literary presentation.  I took it out of context precisely to emphasize this point.

McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #13 on: 2005-01-14, 08:00 »

Quote from: Phoenix
It's also at the very end of the article, which is what stays in a person's mind after they finish reading.  I'm no dotard when it comes to literary presentation.  I took it out of context precisely to emphasize this point.
No you didn't....

Beer? I'm down.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #14 on: 2005-01-14, 10:57 »

Don't impugn me honor, boy!
« Last Edit: 2005-01-14, 20:08 by Phoenix » Logged

Woolie Wool

Tank Commander

« Reply #15 on: 2005-01-14, 19:11 »

[nitpick]It's spelled "impugn"[/nitpick]
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #16 on: 2005-01-14, 20:09 »

I'm allowed to misspell words at 5 am!  Slipgate - Smirk

YicklePigeon

Ogre

« Reply #17 on: 2005-01-15, 00:21 »

Indeed ye are Pho!  Thumbs up!

Anyways,  way back when, I used to close my eyes and see Pacman going around in the darkness, see pinkies being shotgunned complete with full sound effects and close my eyes and see the game level equivalent of where I was in the real world.

Nowadays though, I just see myself as Elwood Blues whilst in third-person and sometimes I see Jack Bauer in the crowds with gun(s) in hand(s).  I even see the timer complete with sound effects if I close my eyes whilst at work...

Regards,

Yickle.

P.S.  And I feel like killing people all the time,  namely those who initially packed the unitainer that I'm unloading  :!:
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #18 on: 2005-01-15, 15:10 »

I'm allowed to misspell words at 5 am! 

I'm allowed to do that every time of the day :p
Draco

Hell Knight

« Reply #19 on: 2005-02-03, 21:24 »

>.> I just get that feeling when I look at my cat. When it moves I poke it XD But seriously  I know the difference between reality enough to know what's real and what's not. Unless he has some mental disorder that causes him to go upon his extreme inpulses, he's some nut case that is obsessed with games........or something.

Rev 9:6 "And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death flees from them."
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: