2024-04-27, 18:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New head of the DNC (BLEEEAAAAGHHH!!)  (Read 3707 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2005-02-12, 21:03 »

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050212/D.../D8872O0O0.html

WASHINGTON (AP) - Democrats elected Howard Dean chairman of their national party on Saturday, casting their lot with a skilled fund-raiser and organizer whose sometimes caustic, blunt comments can lead to controversy....

..."We only have one way to go, and that's left up," Georgia delegate Lonnie Platt said.
Assamite, rejoice!  Screaming Mad Dean is now in charge of the DNC.  Thumbs up!
(Yes, I edited the quote)

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #1 on: 2005-02-13, 05:30 »

It's okay. Beats Sleeping Lazy McAuliffe any day. Howard Dean never cost Democrats three elections due to flawed strategy. But I'd bet you'd've wanted Tim "GOP Plant" Roemer in, wouldn't you?

Besides, he gets the job done, and the farther away from the media camera he is (like ALL party chairmen), the more actual work he can do. Like, you know, fixing the party and building it up. 'Cause that's what the party chair does.
And he's NOT running for president! He'll be so behind-the-scenes and obscured from the field that no one will be able to fault him for the infamous Cardioid-Unidirectional-Microphone-In-A-Rowdy-Crowd Scream.

Except, you know, the occasional obsessed wingnut blogger/forum poster.  Slipgate - Asleep And if the media is as liberal as they say it to be, it would do well to exclude them. But wait - it's not! So I guess the Doctor will still get more shit than Dizzy-from-spin Ed Gillespie. Slipgate - Roll Eyes

Oh, and I had the fortune of giving him a Red Packet on Chinese New Year's Day in the Capitol Brewery. YEEEARGH!

Oh, and perchance do you know a Jeff Gannon? Who's Your Daddy?
« Last Edit: 2005-02-13, 05:48 by Assamite » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-02-13, 08:17 »

Hey, I was merely offering my congratulations that you got someone you favor as your party's chairman.  I thought you'd be happy. *shrugs*  Doom - Huh?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: