2024-04-27, 22:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Artwork (Ph33r my |337 photoshopping skills!!!)  (Read 20245 times)
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #40 on: 2003-06-21, 23:21 »

I never said I liekd the original.
I only went trough the map 1 time in quake1 andwell it was a nice map then.
old favorite 1 is hipdm1 and q1dm8
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #41 on: 2003-06-21, 23:23 »

Alright, alright, I'm not mad anymore. Apparently, my hand went through the wall. And I'm going to stop skipping my anger management classes.

tab: Well, you tend to throw insults at me, so I pretty much took some things as insults. Then again, ALMOST EVERYONE likes to throw insults at me, jokingly, or not, usually not jokingly. :/
« Last Edit: 2003-06-22, 01:24 by Footman » Logged
Demonwench

Hans Grosse

« Reply #42 on: 2003-06-22, 00:06 »

Have I ever insulted you?  Or rather, have I done so in a NON teasing manner?  If I have, I apologize.  Things being seen in text, sometimes it's hard to see that some of us are indeed teasing.
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #43 on: 2003-06-22, 00:42 »

Quote from: Demonwench
Have I ever insulted you?  Or rather, have I done so in a NON teasing manner?  If I have, I apologize.  Things being seen in text, sometimes it's hard to see that some of us are indeed teasing.
Well, not you, you're one of the few who leave me alone. Slipgate - Tongue
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #44 on: 2003-06-22, 03:59 »

Had an eye-opener since my last post, which was posted shortly after I was appalled at the way Footman responded to my posts. The following was typed in a much clearer state of mind.

I'm sad to see you think I'm trying to insult you, I have no intention of doing so and (as I said before) the reason I'm actually giving feedback is because I DON'T dislike you in any way. Believe me, if I insult someone, it doesn't look anything like what you've seen above. I've typed a lengthy reaction to an anger/pain/frustration reaction of vadertime (and/or mojojojoe - my memory's not what it used to be) on these boards a while back. A lot of it is applicable to your outburst & the way you interpret my obviously too harsh crits. I do not mean to compare you to either of them! 80% of that long post is just applicable to everyone (and to myself in particular).

And Pho: I like and appreciate your view on things, as always.
If one has guts, one must not be afraid to use them ;] - Also, ofcourse Footman responds to feedback according to his nature, I'm not trying to convert anyone. It is, however, hard to remain standing if this is the default response to feedback, and communities such as this one will probably have to endure something like this many times for everyone to realize it and act accordingly.
Critism leads to suggestions for improvement, and is based on what's wrong with the work in the eyes of the one dishing it out. I'm afraid I don't care much about which part feels good and what could be skipped, the two go together in my book and although no crit should ever be given with suggestions for improvement, no suggestion is made without a reason either.

The point is made, however, and I will refrain from offering feedback. The way it's served obviously doesn't achieve the effect I'm going for, it doesn't help anyone and therefore defies its purpose. I had no intention of either hurting Footman or starting this huge-ass rant/discussion that we now find ourselves in (even though it is educative).
Although I do not wish to alter the way I 'crit' work since it is the only way that feels right to me, I can refrain from posting it and keep it to myself as I have in the past. If anyone wants my opinion in the future, they may ask for it and accept the results Slipgate - Wink - That sounds like a fair enough deal to me. When I do give my opinion, it'll be harsh at times, but it's honest and truly what I think, like it or not, value it or not.
I happen to frequent boards where people post their work in order to get that kind of feedback, and obviously this is not the case on these forums. This, in retrospect, I could've already known by judging the reactions to my work.

My sincere apologies to Footman (and any or all that were also offended or demotivated). Foots, I really do mean it when I say I have nothing against you - we've been through that before, but the other way around Slipgate - Smile
« Last Edit: 2003-06-22, 04:07 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #45 on: 2003-06-22, 07:28 »

Tab, I think you and I do have something in common here.  I appreciate brutal honesty concerning things that I do.  Most of us animals are like that.  I prefer it that way, it gets to the point without so many words being said.  I've found that few humans, however, react well to that.  Intentions are not always clear, and the subtleties and nuances of social interaction muck things up.  I think that's where Foot misread you.  He's also a bit put out right now, which I also understand that when somebody is on the defensive anything said can be taken as an attack.  I do think it is good that you explained why and how you critique.  Understanding is always a Good Thing™. Slipgate - Smile

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #46 on: 2003-06-22, 08:05 »

Tab: I'm the one who should apologize. I'm sorry I exploded, I was having an off day, Especially when my modem finally decided to die (Cheap piece of shit!). It was pretty easy to replace though. Slipgate - Tongue
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #47 on: 2003-06-23, 12:23 »

Lol Foot, we all have bad days, it is understandable.
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #48 on: 2003-06-23, 21:11 »

It takes guts to tell the truth, and it takes even more guts never tot ell it again! Slipgate - Tongue

Let's see what happened on thay day.

I get up and go to get ready, I'm going to brush my teeth. Except my toothbrush is missing. I search around the entire room, and and still can't find it, so i thought maybe it's in the toilet for no reason. Sure enough, there it is. My brother put it in there! So I grab the nearest toothbrush, and try to squirt toothpaste on it, but nothing's coming, look inside the tube, still sqeezing, and it comes out and into my eye. I clean my eye out with cold water, then proceed to take a shower. After that, I get my cothes to get dressed. I decide to check a few things on the net before leaving for work. It's 7:30, I'm supposed to leave at 8:00. I try conencting to MSN, when it says it doesn't detect my modem, I lookin the control panel, the modem's no there. So I turn off my comp, look inside, and see that the mdoem is fried. Pissed off even more, I punch a hole in the wall(it's made of cheap plywood). I hang a picture on there. I take out the modem, and trsh it with a nearby, ball-peen hammer, and go out to buy a new one. After buying it, and coming home, my car runs out of gas. I install the new modem. It's 8:15, I'm suppsoed tob e at work. So I go beg my sister to take me to work (she refuses to lend me some extra gas for my car.), though it costs her one of her excrutiatingly long phone conversations with her fiance. She drives me there, and I'm late, my boss, obviously, isn't happy, and gives me a warning. So that day was NOT a good day.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: