2024-04-28, 13:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: My Artwork (Ph33r my |337 photoshopping skills!!!)  (Read 20264 times)
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« on: 2003-06-09, 02:09 »

Gimme a pencil, paper, a scanner, and Adobe photoshop, and this is what you might get:

This and this. Enjoy.
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #1 on: 2003-06-09, 03:20 »

Looking good!  Keep at it!
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #2 on: 2003-06-09, 07:30 »

New one. I'm going to bed.
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #3 on: 2003-06-09, 16:44 »

Did I ever mention I have a strange fetish for slutty bats?  Slipgate - Tongue
redx

Imp

« Reply #4 on: 2003-06-09, 19:22 »

furries scare me. this isnt a furry per se, really just an anthropomorphic flying rat, but it still scares me. on the bright side, the photoshop work is pretty good.
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #5 on: 2003-06-09, 19:51 »

/me shoots redx.

It's a bat, not a flying rat!
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #6 on: 2003-06-09, 20:52 »

Yet, another one. Heh.
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #7 on: 2003-06-10, 22:01 »

Heh.
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #8 on: 2003-06-11, 17:26 »

Hehe

Foot started me drawing Slipgate - Smile
« Last Edit: 2003-06-11, 17:28 by Daedalus » Logged
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #9 on: 2003-06-11, 20:13 »

Yup. I'm proud. Slipgate - Laugh

Did I mention that I share Dev's fetish for anthropomorphic slutty bats? Slipgate - Tongue
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #10 on: 2003-06-11, 20:51 »

Quote from: Footman
Yup. I'm proud. Slipgate - Laugh

Did I mention that I share Dev's fetish for anthropomorphic slutty bats? Slipgate - Tongue
 Thumbs up! WOW OMG ME TOO   Oh My F'ing Gawd
Demonwench

Hans Grosse

« Reply #11 on: 2003-06-11, 23:04 »

I hate to put a damper on you guy's fetish, but that's not a true bat...

You want to see a cool anthro bat, go here...

http://www.darknatasha.com/darknatasha/fur...atpriestess.jpg

Of course, that pic's not a true bat either, since it has 6 limbs like yours Foot...
Twilight

Pain Elemental

« Reply #12 on: 2003-06-11, 23:05 »

imma start a bat pimp ring for all you wackos
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2003-06-12, 00:38 »

Listen to the Demonwench.  She knows the furry circuit.

I might ask you a question, DW.  This desire to animalize human forms (or humanize animal forms) intrigues me, especially since so many of the artforms tend to look, well, slutty, for lack of a better word.  Since so many of the characters are based upon the human female form I find this even more interesting from a psychological point of view.  Humans have fairly strong cultural taboos when it comes to bestiality, yet these kind of drawings do imply that one is lended to those sorts of fantasies about the characters.  Even without getting into the "yiff" crowd of so-called artists (let's no go there, please) I do wonder, how much is just fantasy, and how much goes beyond that?  Is this some desire to become like an animal, or to be with an animal, but without crossing that taboo completely?  What mechanism makes such forms attractive to people?  I'm curious as to your thoughts on this.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #14 on: 2003-06-12, 01:04 »

Doesn't exactly attract me, I jsut do it because I'm frickin' bored all the time.

Edit: I'm also a very disturbed individual. Slipgate - Tongue
I'm a total nut case and I'm lovin' every minute of it! Slipgate - Laugh
« Last Edit: 2003-06-12, 01:06 by Footman » Logged
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #15 on: 2003-06-12, 01:39 »

Lots of nice artwork on that page DW.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #16 on: 2003-06-12, 01:50 »

I nosed through some of the other pictures.  The artist is very good at what he or she does.  Although, I do find some of it rather disturbing in a way.

Omega:  That was more of a general question, wasn't implying anything personal there in regards to any single individual.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #17 on: 2003-06-12, 02:04 »

Disturbing? Nah...
Demonwench

Hans Grosse

« Reply #18 on: 2003-06-12, 02:14 »

Some of it is a fantasy to be with the critters, unfortunately.  There are a lot of weirdos that give us furrys a bad name.  But most of these illustrations are scenes from stories or RPGs.  I myself dabble in writing of anthros.  Why?

There are multiple reasons.  One, since I'm studying to be a vet, I find animals fascinating in general.  It's only natural for that to reflect in my writing.  Two, humans are cool, but animals are stronger, faster, fiercer, more colorful, etc.  It adds originality to the story.  An anthro can do more things and take more damage than a human.  Three, anthros are a blending of human and animal.  Part of it is a desire to be like the particular animal.  I often find myself thinking what would it be like to have claws, tails, fur, etc.  And at times, when I'm walking, I can picture in the back of my head something padding along.  A lot of ancient theology has animal headed gods.  They act as symbols for different aspects of life in general.  From the jackal headed god of Anubis to the elephant headed god of Ganesha, anthros are everywhere.  I also think that humans are a bit boring and limited.  Most of the stories have been done to some degree.  Add in an anthro angle and you can do more with it.  Also, a lot of people wish to understand animals, get inside their head.  By anthropomorphizing them, they're giving them human thoughts, something that can be understood, or better understood.  Finally, i think we like anthros because humans, much as we hate to admit it, are animals.  We have instincts, not as strong as "wild" animals, but they are there.  Anthros give us an out, a way to express some of these instincts.  I admit, there are times when I feel positively viceral and I have a need to disembowel something.  I can't, but I can write about it, and I have.  It helps out, believe me.

The artwork is fabulous.  A very good blending of human and animal forms.  Fur is VERY hard to get down and this artist has done a great job.  Remember that she is a commissioned artist, so some of her work is what others are telling her to do.  If someone wants a slut pose, hey she's got to do it.  And then you have the freaks.  Much as I hate to admit it, they are a part of the communittee too.  In order to "break in" to this market, she needs to get their attention as well.  Enter the slut poses.  I myself am more fascinated by how she portrays the difference in musculature in her art.  I'm a vet, I can't help myself.  But it also helps my own art.  Sometimes I need to see something to help me get it out of my head and onto the paper.  Seeing the human like musculature under fur is a great help.

Hope this helps.  Remember this is MY psyche we're diving into here.  I'm in no way an expert in furry fandom.
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #19 on: 2003-06-12, 02:21 »

Cool DW!  I still think that art is impressive.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: