2024-03-28, 23:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: People , I have bought a car . (caroline is her name.)  (Read 7478 times)
games keeper

Elite

« on: 2005-04-10, 19:21 »

today I bought a car .
 Its a 1991 .
3.4L V6 chevrolet camaro
its bordeaux red , has T-roof , cruise control ,
leather seats , etc...

now you americans will say , we se that everyday , well here its a rarity ,
I think you will not even find  50 third gen camaros in belgium ( but you will find third gen firebirds a wee bit more )

thank God this car has an LPG installtion in the trunk ( making my trunk have no room for anything exept maybe a small audiosystem) .
the car swallows a whopping 12L of gasoline for ever 100 km . with gas prices here in belgium being around 1.2 euro ( and you americans thought you where paying a lot ).
with lpg I use 15L/100km but lpg only cost 0.38 cents/L so that fixes the gasoline problem Slipgate - Smile

1 anoying thing about the car is , its an automatic , wtf is up with you americans , can't you guys just have cars that shift manual  Doom - Huh?

anyway , does anyone here actually knows how much it would costs to send parts overseas ?  ( think big parts , hoods and stuff  )

for pics at the moment
http://auto.2dehands.be/markt/auto/8674016.html ( do note that the pics arent to good , car is sweeter in real life )
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2005-04-10, 19:40 »

Good luck with your new wife.. I mean car. Slipgate - Wink
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-04-10, 19:59 »

LPG kit?  You speak as if we all know what that is.

As for the car, it does sound nice, and I was wondering how you could afford the fuel prices.  You also have to remember with Americans they spend a lot of time driving.  Americans, on the whole, travel everywhere by car, and most travelling can't be done any other way anymore.  Americans spend so much time driving that they'd rather do other things than worry about shifting gears.  Usually these other things involve talking on a cell phone, eating, or any other activities that are  foolish and dangerous while driving, but the more reasonable drivers I know prefer automatics for other reasons.  One fellow I know has driven both standard and automatics, and likes not having to worry about the gears so he can concentrate on what the other drivers are doing, and thus be less likely to be involved in a crash.  That's rather important in his mind at least, considering he's nearly been killed twice in auto collisions owing to someone else's stupidity.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2005-04-10, 20:43 »

LPG is Liquid Petrol Gas .
they say that healthyer for nature then gasoline but i dont believe much of it .
but it IS much cheaper then gasoline so me is happy .

about spending so much time driving , I would buy a car that uses less gasoline then ,makes you able to drive longer :p

that automatic keeps you more alert is actually bullshit , its a standard that keeps you awake in your car since when you dont shift , your car starts to act funny ( to slow for the gear , car start shaking a bit , to high for the gear and your car starts to howl )

while with an automatic you canmuch easyer fall asleep because you only have to watch the road wich becomes so boring from time to time
( specially lat at night and thats when the crashes begin )

about money for the fuell , Im actually not worried , I never used up a lot of money , I upgraded my computer once in my life and that was 2 years ago ,never bought myself a stereo ,never bought music ( just radio ) , I DID bought most of my games ( exept quake 2 , its hard to find these days , And no I dont wanna internetshop it )

never committed a crime , never did drugs , cigaretes ,or whatever .
Coming to think of it... I diserve this car .
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #4 on: 2005-04-10, 22:40 »

He didn't say "so he could be more alert/awake," he said "so he could pay more attention to the drivers around him." If you don't have to worry about shifting gears, you can be more aware of what is going on around you. Perfectly good reason to have an automatic transmission.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2005-04-11, 04:11 »

Quote from: games keeper
while with an automatic you canmuch easyer fall asleep because you only have to watch the road wich becomes so boring from time to time
( specially lat at night and thats when the crashes begin )
You don't know much about over-the-road truck drivers, do you?  Those trucks have standard transmissions, and those guys have the biggest problem with falling asleep.  Truckers have the problem of running LONG drives with little sleep and tight schedules.  A lot of them have to fudge their logs and exceed safe driving times in order to make their runs on time.  Exhaustion and highway hypnosis - not the engineering of the vehicle - are what contribute to crashes from falling asleep.  Don't drive while you're tired, and avoid highway hypnosis by turning on a radio, singing, or cracking a window - anything to keep you alert.  The best solution is to pull off for the night if you get tired.

Another thing to consider is the US interstate highway system involves steady, constant speeds as opposed to stop-and-go, speed up and slow down traffic.  When you're travelling a steady 65 MPH it does not matter what kind of transmission your vehicle has, and it's those steady, long-distance conditions that you're more prone to fall asleep in.  Stop-and-go traffic and city driving is where you need more attention, you're less likely to fall asleep, and where the automatic can come in handy vs the standard.  Besides, if you're that tired you're more likely to miss hitting the brakes when you need to as opposed to shifting gears in that kind of traffic.

If you want to get down to it, 99% of crashes occur due to driver distraction and inattentiveness - not falling asleep.  My friend's logic is sound, and Makou is right on as well.  If you don't have to concentrate on shifting gears, you're free to concentrate on other things.  He chooses to concentrate on driving safely as opposed to concentrating on stupid things, like cell phone conversations.  I think that's a good philosophy to have myself, and if more drivers did, there would be fewer accidents regardless of what you choose to drive.

Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #6 on: 2005-04-11, 22:10 »

People , I have bought a car.

Slipgate - Surprised  Slipgate - Distraught  :!:  Hail  Fainting
« Last Edit: 2005-04-11, 22:11 by Little Washu » Logged

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2005-04-12, 17:09 »

so actually , it doesnt matter what you drive , only that here people find standard more fun to drive . Slipgate - Smile
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2005-04-12, 20:44 »

Yep!  Slipgate - Wink

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #9 on: 2005-04-17, 17:57 »

http://modelbouwforum.com/album_personal.php?user_id=4

some pics of my car
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2005-04-17, 18:17 »

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/m.../mnmol/mask.mid

Masked crusaders working overtime fighting crime, fighting crime!
Secret raiders who will neutralize soon as they arrive at the site!
Trakker?s gonna lead the mission
And Spectrum?s got such super vision?
MASK - is the mighty power that can save the day!
MASK - no one knows what lies behind their mad charades!
MASK - always riding hot on VENOM?s trail?
Come see their laser rays fire away!
« Last Edit: 2005-04-17, 18:20 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2005-04-17, 20:40 »

Yikes, that building is quite a dive!  Nice looking vehicle though.  It almost makes up for your poor grammar.  Slipgate - Grin

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #12 on: 2005-04-17, 20:54 »

its from my uncle and yes , its a reall dumb , I need to get my car out of there soon .
but since my street is completely broken up ( 1 muddy place , yet people try to come trough and get stuck , very funny ) and I dont want the car to stay on a parking lot or on the street , its the only option for now .
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #13 on: 2005-04-27, 19:52 »

Nice looking car!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: