2024-04-29, 18:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Skool Mode (Just wondering)  (Read 3557 times)
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« on: 2005-05-08, 23:53 »

With the introduction of Old Skool mode to v1.0 with all of the weapons stats as close to the originals as possible, I was wondering if this would extend to the health and armour pickups too?

eg for Doom:

health potion = 1 health
armor shard = 1 armor
stimpack = 10 health
medikit = 25 health
and so on.

Also, will the green armour that was discussed a while ago be making an appearance?

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2005-05-09, 00:20 »

The plan was for entirely oldschool, yes.

I believe it would extend to every single item. And honestly would most likely be best in a single-class environment.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #2 on: 2005-05-09, 01:32 »

Green armor, eh? That would be an excuse for me to work on q1dm4v2 again. Just get a 'bsp -> map' thing and go through the painstaking process of retexturing EVERYTHING. But hey... then those friggin texturing issues that I see now wouldn't be present (left over textures from the old version that are still in place because I didn't know about the 'find/replace' feature back then). And I could also fix the ceilings of the hallways... Slipgate - Smile

(Kinda sucks when the map's maker is its only tester... the two people in the .txt file were pretty much for the old school POS version).

But.. I'm not sure I want to anyway. That'd be like reviving the dead horse just to kill it again.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #3 on: 2005-05-09, 02:04 »

Quote from: Angst
The plan was for entirely oldschool, yes.

I believe it would extend to every single item. And honestly would most likely be best in a single-class environment.
Well, you never know. It pretty much stands to reason that Doom and Slippy will rule the roost in terms of firepower, but give 'em their crap health back and it might just even the score a bit. Slipgate - Wink

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2005-05-09, 04:45 »

Only one way to find out isn't there?  Just remember the Q2 grunt had pretty crappy health pickups too, and so did Wolfy.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: