2024-04-19, 20:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a Thank You  (Read 8146 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2005-05-09, 04:52 »

I would just like to thank the Gen community for being what it is.  I know there's not as many of us as there are fans for other games, but the bulk of the Gen players and forum regulars tend to be mature, decent, and respecting of their fellow gamers.  For this I am grateful when I consider how the internet is, and how a lot of other gamers out there behave.  You all get a very big Thumbs up! from this old bird.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #1 on: 2005-05-09, 16:50 »

Thanks Pho. :^)

I would also like to thank team Wirehead for their indefinate dedication, and high level of commitment. I have joined many mod teams in the past (mostly for audio engineering) and they just went dead. Wirehead, still rocks on! I have been away fro the forum scene for about a year and a half. One day I wondered how old Wirehead was doing, and they've already pushed out two releases for Generations since then! You guys still bust it, even if you really don't want to sometimes (that is what causes mod teams to crumble) that is what commitment is all about, that is how lads at Wirehead go beyond expectations and raise the standard of what can be done. And that is why I'm here kicking ol' Pho and Tabs around a bit because they're cool people to hang out with, amoung other people as well. I give Wirehead a big  Thumbs up! 's up, excellent work guys!
Rock on!
« Last Edit: 2005-05-09, 17:01 by Little Washu » Logged

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2005-05-09, 17:38 »

why the big thank you post , you need money again ?
j/k . :p
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2005-05-10, 04:14 »

Because I felt like it, Games.  What, you thought I didn't have a "good" side, and that I'm all beak and talons or something?  Slipgate - Wink

McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #4 on: 2005-05-10, 08:19 »

No! Thank you Bird, THANK YOU! If it was for you, Gen wouldn't exist! THANK YOU! AND THANK YOU DAMN IT!

I rule too.

Beer? I'm down.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2005-05-10, 08:29 »

This might sound weird cuz i am on the team but...thanks Pho and Tabun for making  the one and only q3 mod i play Slipgate - Laugh Gen rocks!
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2005-05-10, 09:18 »

Well, that does it; I quit.

Every time all we get to see is gratitude, gratitude, gratitude - it makes me sick to my stomach - where's all the dang checks you all promised us? The russian mail-order brides? The blowjobs? The Lamborghini's?

/me gets up, walks out the door, and is never seen again ..

.. until the next episode of 'Wacky Wirehead Adventures, Season 7'!

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #7 on: 2005-05-10, 19:50 »

The russian mail-order brides? The blowjobs? The Lamborghini's?
Yeah what up with that, these guys bust their ass on this, pay up! :^)

.. until the next episode of 'Wacky Wirehead Adventures, Season 7'!
Oh boy I can't wait! :^P
« Last Edit: 2005-05-10, 19:50 by Little Washu » Logged

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #8 on: 2005-05-10, 20:12 »

Because I felt like it, Games. What, you thought I didn't have a "good" side, and that I'm all beak and talons or something?   

ok but still , what do you want ,the lambo , the zonda or the koenigsegg ? :p
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2005-05-10, 21:22 »

Quote from: Tabun
Well, that does it; I quit.
If you wanted to give a bird a heart attack, you nearly succeeded.  Slipgate - WTF

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2005-05-11, 05:00 »

Ghehehe - keeps you on your toes, doesn't it Slipgate - Wink

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
YicklePigeon

Ogre

« Reply #11 on: 2005-05-14, 00:04 »

Whilst I was offline, I was actually discussing with the family how this small community of about 30 or so people that come from all walks of life, literally and otherwise, yet trouble is minimal and we're also relatively good at accepting newcomers.

But more than that, if it wasn't for this team making Gen, I would never have met with y'all, not received a GeForce 3 for $10 (thanks to redx some time ago now), nor the inclination to upgrade,  I can be myself yet still "act the goat" without repercussions...to think how many other people look for those of whom they can mix with...I've found this group.  

We do not need to "fit in", we just mix in and to hell with fitting into a specific mould.  Topics of interest can range from discussing news items here on the forums through to the Blues Brothers on IRC.   Furthermore,  this community has been - and continues to be - a creative outlet for us all.  Be it music, models, programs, stories...whatever it may be.

Over the past 6 or 7 years of being online,  I have seen (we have all seen) and been to various corners of this universe we call "the internet".   I can only, personally, think of one other group that I've been a part of - that also is a gaming IRC channel/service...which is now mostly defunct.

So.  It's 2005 now.  Come along way since the pre-release Gen alpha of way back when!

Perhaps congratulations for that too? Well, getting this far most certainly, however I shall save the congratulations and applause for 1.0 :}

Regards,

Yickle.
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #12 on: 2005-05-16, 05:35 »

My post count on this forum is a good reminder of how much I enjoy the Gen community.  (I have rarely gone over 100 posts on other forums that I frequently visit or visited.)  mIRC's presence on my hard drive is another.  The WHS team, the regulars, and the modification itself are the only reason why I have mIRC as well as Quake III Arena still installed, and they're also the reason why I keep returning.  Slipgate - Grin

Here's to v1.0 and the fun we'll have with it and each other until time or some other means tears us all apart. Cheers!

PS

Tabun, I swear I've mailed three russian brides to you already.  Are you sure they're getting lost in the mail?  Getting past customs alone is a pain in the ass, but my god, the shipping fees...

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #13 on: 2005-05-16, 08:08 »

I'd offer a BJ, but that would just be wrong.

Anyway.. yea, I disappear from time to time... but I always come back. The idea behind the mod is just good, and it's well executed. Even when I do seem to disappear, I still play Gen from time to time... tho botmatches get kind of old after a while... hence why I've been more active in the forum games than I have been in the past.

I think Gen will always be on my hard drive in one form or another... heck, q1's been on the ol' HD for 9 years now... so why not? I think it's good enough. Slipgate - Smile

But... thanks for the thanks, Pho. And thanks to WHS for making, and continuing to make, Generations. Leep rockin'! HeadBanging

Slipgate - Ownage

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
DOOM_er

Light Guard

« Reply #14 on: 2005-05-19, 15:39 »

Gen RULES! Woo!

'Nuff said. :p
CrioKnight

Ogre

« Reply #15 on: 2005-06-08, 19:58 »

I will speak of personal experience and where Generations Arena fits.
My mac is at the end of its life. A single 500 MHZ processor g4 Mac with a 64 MB Radeon 9000 vid card, 1 gig of RAM. Quake 3 is one of the few games that still run wonderfully on it and that I can still play pick up games online. Then I discovered Generations Arena. The thing is absolutely wonderful. It runs great. It looks great. The action is great. It brought me back to my beginnings with the Slipgater class. In addition to all the classes it re-sparked my Quake 3 gaming. Right when I was about to put my mouse down Generations Arena brought it all back. Great memories came back to life. The community for Generations Arena is pretty tight. Small but tight. We all know each other. Always find ourselves on the servers all the time. I would like to thank the ENTIRE Wirehead studios team and thank you for giving me what I needed most, Quake REBORN. Thank you for your dedication, perseverance and unrelenting love for the game. Thanks SO MUCH.

<3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: