2024-04-20, 06:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars Episode III sucked.. (...complete and utter ass!)  (Read 16330 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2005-06-04, 22:03 »

Yes, he fights with Gandalf in the black tower of Orthanc and imprisons him on the roof.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #21 on: 2005-06-06, 01:30 »

I can't remember where I saw it but didn't they use a stand in for Lee in the lightsaber battles and super-imposed his head to him. If so they did an exellent job cause you can't tell the differance.

Actually if I'm not mistaken it's mentioned on the special features for Attack of the Clones.

(Kain-Xavier)Btw was it just me or did the actor who played as Dooku look like crap? And by crap, I mean seriously ill or something along those lines.

Yeah, I thought the same when I saw Episode 3 also. Though I agree with Pho also...

McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #22 on: 2005-06-07, 00:25 »

At the very least they could have chosen a better actor for Anakin. I have more acting ability in my middle finger.
« Last Edit: 2005-06-07, 00:25 by McDeth » Logged

Beer? I'm down.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #23 on: 2005-06-07, 00:45 »

Well if that's the case, why's Hayden making the $$$ and you're not?

ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #24 on: 2005-06-07, 02:57 »

Quote from: McDeth
At the very least they could have chosen a better actor for Anakin. I have more acting ability in my middle finger.
Ever think that Hayden sounded like a whiney angsty bitch because he was supposed to.

I hate Anakin Skywalker. What a wuss.
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #25 on: 2005-06-07, 03:31 »

Hayden makes Anakin Skywalker seem like an extremely petty, pathetic man.

Last I checked, that was the point.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #26 on: 2005-06-07, 04:33 »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
 It just goes to show what kind of man it takes to become as evil as Darth Vader, and just what it takes to drive him to that point.  I think the problem is people have had this misconception that somehow Darth Vader is "cool".  No, the costume and lightsabers and James Earl Jones voice are cool.  Evil isn't cool, it is pathetic and petty, so Lucas's portrayal of Anakin is actually "telling it like it is".  Look at truly evil people throughout history, and you'll find petty selfishness, pride and arrogance common to all of them.  I think a lot of people don't like seeing themselves in this either.  How many people are just as pathetic and petty and think they are not?  How many people do selfish things and knife each other in the back on a daily basis just to get one rung further up the ladder?  Ladder to where, exactly?  What happened to Anakin was tragic, but his choices through it were what turned him into Darth Vader.  
To Obi Wan he should have listened, as Yoda would say.

I think people worship villains far too much these days.  So far I haven't seen anyone applaud Obi Wan for doing everything he could to bring Anakin back and for genuinely giving a damn about someone who obviously didn't deserve it.  His story is every bit as tragic as Anakin's as he was his best friend and mentor, and had to watch someone he loved turn away in the worst possible manner
 That's a horrible burden to bear, and frankly I'm glad it's all just fiction.[/color]

Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #27 on: 2005-06-07, 04:54 »

Quote from: Phoenix
His story is every bit as tragic as Anakin's as he was his best friend and mentor, and had to watch someone he loved turn away in the worst possible manner
(Edit:  You forgot your spoiler tags, Kain!)

Er... well I figured that was a given due to the original trilogy, but I apologize if I upset anyone.
« Last Edit: 2005-06-07, 16:28 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #28 on: 2005-06-07, 08:30 »

Phoenix: "I think people worship villains far too much these days."

I've always preferred the villain characters.. in my own little way. If you hate a villain character, then he is obviously doing his job well. After realizing that, I came to appreciate a job well done... unless it was a shoddy job to begin with.. then that's different.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #29 on: 2005-06-07, 11:35 »

Well if that's the case, why's Hayden making the $$$ and you're not?
Because Hollywood is utterly full of shit.

That, by it's very definition, is a stupid question.

Beer? I'm down.
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #30 on: 2005-06-07, 14:33 »

Hell is for the people who make the wrong decisions. In starwars, as in everywhere else.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #31 on: 2005-06-07, 19:55 »

That, by it's very definition, is a stupid question.
No, it was a blatant jab at your comment about having more acting ability than someone who's making a lot of money at it.  That would be like me saying I'm a better programmer than Robert Duffy.  I'm not.  I just happen to run across all the bugs he doesn't get around to fixing because they interfere with what I'm trying to do at the time.  I was rather hoping you'd read between the lines instead of requiring me to explain the obvious yet again.  Though, with your odd sense of humor and completely dry tone it's often hard to tell when you're being silly or just being plain dense.  Slipgate - Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2005-06-07, 19:56 by Phoenix » Logged

Metatron

Banned
Unnamed Player

« Reply #32 on: 2005-06-08, 04:31 »

Because Hollywood is utterly full of shit.
Ah, a simple and truthful answer to an obnoxious and bitterly sarcastic question. Not as if capital gain is any real way to gauge talent to begin with...

Blah blah blah, I'm another dev/null clone.  I have no life so I try to register duplicate accounts and post anti-religious rants because it helps me compensate for my small, erm, level of self-esteem.  It's not like I couldn't get a life and learn to live in peace with my neighbors or anything.  That might actually require me to grow up and stop throwing temper-tantrums like a 2-year old child.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #33 on: 2005-06-08, 16:14 »

Perhaps, but then everyone's a critic.  I say if you like it who gives a damn what someone else thinks?  I certainly don't.  I like what I like and the world can go spork itself.

death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #34 on: 2005-06-08, 18:44 »

Perhaps, but then everyone's a critic.  I say if you like it who gives a damn what someone else thinks?  I certainly don't.  I like what I like and the world can go spork itself.
Amen.

Skippy

Dopefish

« Reply #35 on: 2005-06-13, 22:37 »

I loved it, but I admit im an obsessd fan and I love all the movies, books etc.

My only problem was a small continuity error.

As for episdoes 7-9. Not happening. It has been know for years that Lucas has decided not to do them. He made that decison in the early nineties, hence Timothy Zahn's trilogy was published, but only after he made changes "requested" by Lucas. (Ie having the clone of Obi-Wan changed to Joruus Caboth) and the fact that every novel has to be a part of contenuity and that George Lucas even has in put in the novels. (ie changing the focus of the New Jedi Order from Anakin to Jacen Solo, so as to avoid confusion with Anakin SKywalker in the new trilogy)

So sith is the final movie but not the end of Lucas Films involvement. Lucas is now going to make two tv series. One is going to be exending the clone wars micros sereis to 30 minutes and being made in 3d (alas, Beast Wars Transformers). The second is going to be live action (like the Young Indian Jones Chronicles) and be set between Episodes 3 and 4 and focusing on minor characters. Also it won't be filmed until the first season's scripts are all produced (again like young indiana) and Lucas will produce (and possibly direct) two or three before handing over to someone he considers worthy of doing a good job.

(edit:  changed color tag to spoiler tag)
« Last Edit: 2005-06-14, 05:50 by Phoenix » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #36 on: 2005-06-14, 05:55 »

I can think of one solution to the continuity problem you mentioned:  

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #37 on: 2005-06-14, 12:42 »

ofcours she doesn't know vader is her father , vader didn't even know that luke had a sister .
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #38 on: 2005-06-14, 15:43 »

Yes, but the Organa family knew who the mother was, and it's a no-brainer that Obi Wan told Senator Organa who the father was for her protection, which would lend the possibility she could have been told at some point that she was at least adopted, and at most Anakin Skywalker's daughter.  We know she wasn't told because of how it played out in Episodes 4-6.

death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #39 on: 2005-06-14, 15:52 »

I was wondering about that prob too. Pho has so good reasoning and that seems like a good explaination to me. That part in the movie stuck out like a sore thumb. But makes more sense now.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: